Upgraded this AM - Problems!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgraded this AM - Problems!!

Upgraded this morning to latest release 6.0 10007, indicators downloaded from forum have disappeared totally. Tried to reiimport, get error window saying that I have custom Ninjascript files on my PC that have programming errors that must be resolved before I can import.

What gives? How can I know what files have programming errors? What happened to the previoiusly downloaded indicators?

Help.

Originally posted by pivot44 View Post
    Upgraded this morning to latest release 6.0 10007, indicators downloaded from forum have disappeared totally. Tried to reiimport, get error window saying that I have custom Ninjascript files on my PC that have programming errors that must be resolved before I can import.

What gives? How can I know what files have programming errors? What happened to the previoiusly downloaded indicators?

Help.
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You will need to remove all custom indicators from the file folder MyDocuments/NinjaTrader6/Bin/Custom/Indicators. All NinjaTrader preinstalled indicators will be represented with a '@' before the file name. You will need to move all indicators without a '@' in their file name to another file folder. Then move the custom indicators back to the file folder MyDocuments/NinjaTrader6/Bin/Custom/Indicators. You will repeat this until you find the indicator containing errors.

Comment

Which Way?

Do I import them one at a time, or just move them back one at a time?

Comment

Not Working

I moved all indicators in the folder you indicated to a separate temp folder on my desktop (except for something called UserDefinedMethods.cs.

I still get the error message about script with programming errors.

Comment

Originally posted by pivot44 View Post
          Do I import them one at a time, or just move them back one at a time?
          Hello,
          Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/ strategy or remove it from your PC. If you’re wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies. Not just one.
          1) Open NinjaTrader
          2) From the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator
          3) Select an indicator and double click on it.
          4) A new window will appear and you will need to right click and compile the indicator.
          5) At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
          6) From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.
          Let me know if this does the trick for you.

Comment

Incomplete!

Now you want me to put the non '@' indicators back into the bin/custom/indicator folder???

Do I just drag them back in, and Ninja will recognize them?

Comment

No Good

I dragged the StatusBox indicator downloaded from the forum (which was working great until this mornings upgrade) back to the Indicator folder. I followed your instructions and compiled it, the error desctiptions all reference another set of indicators entirely, the trial indicators from Kase.

The same thing happened when compiling the ATR trailing stop indicator from the forum - Kase errors. By the way, the Kase indicators are working fine on my chart!!

Something is seriously messed up.
              Last edited by pivot44; 12-12-2007, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Sorry for the hassle.

At this stage, please uninstall NT, manually remove the folder My Documents\NinjaTrader XXX

Reboot PC
                Clear you browser cache
                Reinstall NT
                Add back any 3rd party indicators
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What About Strategies

Please give me insturctions on how to save my ATM strategies; I do NOT want to have to create them from scratch. Same thing with chart templates.

Do you have any idea on what happened?

Comment

Hi:

You may backup the following files, folders and templates including ATM strategies and chart templates. Please see instuctions from the link below:

Best regards,
                    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Found a fix

I found a fix for the above problem. No need to un/re-install anything

When NT tries to compile any custom indicator, it decides to compile all the indicators, including the Kase ones. Someone at Kase didn't add the reference to their DLL, which is what is causing the errors.

To fix:
                      1) Open any custom indicator.
                      2) In the code window that comes up, right click and select "References..."
                      3) In the next window that comes up, click "Add", and "KaseStatware.dll" should be right there, double click it to add it to the references list. If it's not there right away, I found it in "My Documents\NinjaTrader 6\bin\Custom"
                      4) Click "OK" on the references list box.
                      5) Now back at the code window, click the compile button, and it should recompile everything okay now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCD View Post
                        I found a fix for the above problem. No need to un/re-install anything

When NT tries to compile any custom indicator, it decides to compile all the indicators, including the Kase ones. Someone at Kase didn't add the reference to their DLL, which is what is causing the errors.

To fix:
                        1) Open any custom indicator.
                        2) In the code window that comes up, right click and select "References..."
                        3) In the next window that comes up, click "Add", and "KaseStatware.dll" should be right there, double click it to add it to the references list. If it's not there right away, I found it in "My Documents\NinjaTrader 6\bin\Custom"
                        4) Click "OK" on the references list box.
                        5) Now back at the code window, click the compile button, and it should recompile everything okay now.

If you have any problems with Kase StatWare from update to update email me, [email protected]. I understand if you've downloaded NT 6.5 beta version, there will with an issue with the installer, there is a fix for it, but we're also waiting for the official release of 6.5.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post cre8able  
                        Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post ChartTourist