Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Brett
    replied
    there could be many other differences between the two PC's. We most focus on your PC only and whats going on in it.

Lets start, by removing the gomi indicators from the 5 charts. Then testing for a few minutes. Any lag?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• goldtrader
    replied
    Brett, thanks for your help.

My friend has about 11 charts up with GOMI indicators on them. I only have GOMI stuff on 5 charts. This was never a problem several weeks ago, even during news. Plus the problem appears to have gotten worse. Today I can notice a significant difference compared to yesterday even though today is less hectic. Every time the market moves quickly today, my charts are freezing. yesterday, I only experienced issues during FOMC release.

Is there anything else that could be an issue?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Brett
    replied
    Hello,

Thanks for that information.

This means that you have an indicator that is too calculation heavy or not programmed correctly most likely in this case.

As this fits in exactly with the PC not able to process the ticks needed and the window will go not responding until its able to get caught up again.

Would also line up with the fact that it would only occur on tick heavy news releases.

You have a couple options to attempt to resolve this.

1) How many charts do you have open with this indicator total? We can try reducing this.

2) If your on zenfire we can switch to an aggregation server that would aggregate the number of ticks you receive. To see if this will stops the issue, if you would like to try this momentairly please let me know I'll include instructions. However I know with the GOMI stuff this may not be wanted and would only be a test.

Leave a comment:

• goldtrader
    replied
    When it freezes I cannot move charts or interact with charts in any way. Occasionally i get the (not responding) at the top of the chart. I am able to do other stuff on my computer during the freeze, which tells me it is solely NT that is freezing.
    I do force a shut down when the thing just won't respond after several minutes.

I use GOM volume profile indicators, but as I stated before, my friend has all the same indicators and is running smoothly.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Brett
    replied
    Hello,

Thanks for the post sorry to hear of the freeze.

Can you please explain the freeze a bit more.

Are the NinjaTrader windows responsive or do they say not responding? Can you move the superDOM or chart around when this happens or also non responsive.

Does NinjaTrader shutdown on its own or do you force it down?

What custom third party indicators do you have loaded on your charts you use?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Leave a comment:

• goldtrader
    started a topic NT7 continues to freeze

NT7 continues to freeze

Hello,

I have an Inspiron 580 processor 550 @ 3.2 GHz, 6 GB of ram.

My neighbor has the same setup as me, computer, NT7, indicators, internet connection, ZF feed, and he actually has a few more charts up than I do. He has experienced no freezing. But I on the other hand have had NT7 lock up on my many times in the past few days during high volume periods. I have had to shut it down and restart it twice in the last two days during the trading session. The problem has seemed to get worse as well, today I have had about 10 freezes for as long as 10 seconds. The issue is not with my machine, nor my connection. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to fix this?

Thanks.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
8 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
4 responses
1 like
Last Post jgualdronc