Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can NinjaTrader plot Bid Volume and Ask Volume?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BottomShark77 View Post
    Ha ha.. I should have the ask in blue instead of red/blue... :-)
    Here is an example of what I am trying to accomplish.
    Attached Files

Comment

Ooops... sent it a a pdf... :-(

Comment

Ooops... sent it a a pdf... :-(
        I will try to send an example as a jpg file.
        Attached Files

Comment

I will try to send an example as a jpg file.
          Ask in bottom pane, bid in top pane..

Comment

Ask in bottom pane, bid in top pane..
            Current chart with ask volume colored blue and not up/down volume.
            Attached Files

Comment

Current chart with ask volume colored blue and not up/down volume.
              You might not be able to tell from this chart but the volume being plotted is also way too high compared to the actual volume.

Comment

Hi BottomShark77,

Thanks for providing these images.

For sake of an example, I've created a workspace for you. Please download the attached file, then extract 'Example.xml' from it and add that file to the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Workspaces folder.

Next, please click File > Workspaces > Open Workspace and select the file named 'Example'.

In that workspace, I've created a chart which should operate as you specified. Please take a look at this chart and see if it meets your needs. If we need to modify the chart, please let me know.
                Attached Files
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                  Hi BottomShark77,

For sake of an example, I've created a workspace for you. Please download the attached file, then extract 'Example.xml' from it and add that file to the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Workspaces folder.

Next, please click File > Workspaces > Open Workspace and select the file named 'Example'.

In that workspace, I've created a chart which should operate as you specified. Please take a look at this chart and see if it meets your needs. If we need to modify the chart, please let me know.
                  Thanks. I will take a look at it!

Comment

Hi BottomShark77,

The chart looks good for real time hours but the volume looks too high for 1-min charts and it is not plotting any volume in the volume panes during afterhours (right now) not that I trade in afterhours but you know what I mean.

Comment

HI BottomShark77,

The session template in place does not show the full 24 hours of data.
                      To retrieve 24/7 data on a chart, please follow the directions below.
                      • Right click in your chart and select Data Series.
                      • In the Data Series menu, set the "Session Template" property to "Default 24/7", then click OK.

In terms of the volume, NinjaTrader will display only what it receives from the data provider you're connected to. Which are you connected to right now? What source are you comparing to?

Comment

HI BottomShark77,

The session template in place does not show the full 24 hours of data.
                        To retrieve 24/7 data on a chart, please follow the directions below.
                        • Right click in your chart and select Data Series.
                        • In the Data Series menu, set the "Session Template" property to "Default 24/7", then click OK.

In terms of the volume, NinjaTrader will display only what it receives from the data provider you're connected to. Which are you connected to right now? What source are you comparing to?
                        I have the session template as US Index Futures ETH as of right now. Switched to 24/7 seems to make no difference. Market is pretty slow right now but there is no volume whatsoever plotting on ES.

I am connected to Zenfire. No one else to compare to.

Comment

Hi BottomShark77,

Thanks for clarifying.

If the data looks funny to you, I'd reccomend contacting your data provider to see if they can confirm or deny the values which you're seeing on the chart. Based on what I've seen in the images you've provided, I'm not seeing anything majorly out of place.

Comment

Hi BottomShark77,

Thanks for clarifying.

If the data looks funny to you, I'd reccomend contacting your data provider to see if they can confirm or deny the values which you're seeing on the chart. Based on what I've seen in the images you've provided, I'm not seeing anything majorly out of place.
                            I will see how it looks tomorrow during real time when there is high volume to see how it looks. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Hi Kyle

can you help me to put the bid subtract ask volume?
                              I want to see whether bid volume is greater than ask voume or ask volume is greater than bid volume. I hope you can put in histogram. Thanks!

Hi BottomShark77,

Comment

Hi tonychan,

Thanks for your post.

What you describe is possible, but custom programming would be required. If you are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners....pt-Consultants

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by futtrader, Today, 01:16 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post futtrader  
                                Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                                14 responses
                                0 likes