Collapse

Trend lines in different time frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I clicked the "auto scale" checkbox on the lower trendline and it is still inaccurate. The checkbox is checked in both chart windows.

EDIT - clarification - the bottom trendline is showing on both charts, it's just way off on the 60 min chart.
    Last edited by LiquidDrift; 08-02-2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue on my end as referenced in the attached screen shot.

Please attach a screen shot of your chart with "Snap Mode" disabled so I may see how far the lines are off.
      Attached Files
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That is unfortunate, as on my end I can't get anything but a mess!

In this screen I have redrawn the lines again, both charts have snap off, both lines have auto scale on.

You can see my cursor is in the valley that touches the bottom trend line on the daily chart, but the trendline is way below it on the 60 minute chart. The top line is off as well as it goes through the peak on the 60 min, but is well above it on the daily.
        Attached Files

Comment

OK, I figured out the problem.

First, the data series in my 60 minute chart did not extend backward far enough such that it went beyond the beginning of the trendlines.

Second, the trendlines extended into the future, you can see this clearly on the screenshot on the daily chart.

When I constrained the trendlines in the above fashion, they became accurate. You should be able to reproduce the issue by doing the opposite.

I do hope you report this issue, it's really finicky and not a good experience for a new user. Intuitively, the user should be able to draw wherever they want and not have to worry about whether the anchor points are within certain constraints.

Comment

Thank you for reporting and yes I can reproduce when drawing beyond the current visible point within the chart. I will forward this to development and thanks again for the additional information.

Comment

Also please mention that the trendlines do not draw properly (on the 60 minute chart) if the data series does not extend beyond where the trendline starts. Ie. if you put only 10 days of data on that chart, the lines go on wonky as well.

Thanks Christopher!

Comment

line drawing tool not transfering

line drawn on large charts will not transfer automatically to other charts,do i need to activate something somewhere?

Comment

To have the drawing object show within other chart windows please double left mouse click on the drawing object which will open the Line Prorperty window-->Attach to: -->Select your other chart window or All charts from the drop down and click Ok.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                  47 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator  
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes