Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problem applying the same system in different accounts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem applying the same system in different accounts.

Hi.

I am having a problem when I apply a system to different accounts through NT-IB connection.

I have a master account in InteractiveBrokers.

I am applying the same system on the same chart and the same Workspace, to send orders to different accounts. The problem is that an account everything works fine, however, on the other account, there are some orders that do not run. For example:

The system opens positions with orders to stop. When a trade closes, the system does not send the appropriate orders to reopen the position. In other accounts I find no problem and everything is running correctly.

As I comment, I am applying the same system to both accounts, the only difference is the next:

In the system A, the number of contracts is set to open positions in the system code to 1:
    For example:

EnterLongStop (1, MAX (10) [0], "");

In the system B, the number of contracts can be set via a variable of type int:

EnterLongStop(nContracts, MAX(10)[0], “”);

I've been working for years with the same system in different accounts through the NT 6.5 and I never we will find problems.

Apparently I'm finding this error only with NT7. What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Plaket, thanks for the report - what NT7 build / TWS version are you using as this occurs? Could you please send me your log / trace files as well via Help > Mail to Support and include please an approx. time at which you executed orders to the non working account with the IB connection.

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply Bertrand.

NT7 Version 7.0.1000.5.
      TWS Version 906.9.

I will send you the log and the information.

Thanks for your help,

Comment

You're welcome, looking forward to your files - I would also give the NT7 R6 in combination with TWS 917 a try here, those would be the current, latest supported #'s.

For NT / TWS and FF / FA accounts there's however a sticky posted here that would need consideration:

Comment

Hi Bertrand.

A few weeks ago I sent all the information of the problems I was having, but I have not received a response. I do not know if it's because you did not receive the e-mails. I have sent the information from NT7, as you had told me.

During these weeks I continued to have the same problems. Once the strategy closed a trade, the system is NOT reactivated and NOT sent new orders to open a new position.

I've noticed that I have this problem when the number contracts is different from 1. I tried to set the number of contracts through a variable, and setting DefaultQuantity and selecting the number of contracts from Order Properties (when the strategy is connected), but continued with the same problems.

Please, I would appreciate a solution to this problem. I'm working with multiple systems, and mandatory, with this versión: 7.0.1000.5. I need to reconnect every strategy every time a transaction is closed.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Plaket, can you please let me know under which ticket # you sent this in?

Comment

Hi Bertrand.

Yes, I just send you a copy of the e-mail to [email protected]

The name of the e-mail is: Problem Same Strategy in Differents Accounts (Bertrand)

Thanks a lot in advance.
              Last edited by Plaket; 08-11-2011, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Bidder
              by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes