Daily Forex Sessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Forex Sessions

I have recently started trading the FX Daily & 240m time frames.

I am getting confused over the sessions. I have the session manager set to FOREX (UTC-5) and this shows in Data Series on chart. I am in the UK currently GMT+1.

I am using eSignal, I am expecting to see the new Daily Bars at UK 10pm local time, but I don't quite understand what I see. It also does not seem to be consistent across all pairs.

As I am confused with actually what the bars do at that time, could you tell me first what I should be seeing with what settings and I will try it and take it from there.

Thanks

Alan

Hello Alan,

The Forex session template runs from 5PM EDT to 5PM EDT the next day. This would be 10PM London time zone, so you should see a new daily bar being created after this time.

Can you please tell me what you do not understand in the charts.

Please clarify the inconsistency you experience across all pairs as well.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason, I will check tonight and take some pics.

Cheers

Alan

Comment

Jason Hi,

Just past 2200 here in UK. What happens is the current bar which was the 29th changes to 30, so the last 2 bars then are 28 and 30. If I go to Data Series which still shows FOREX as session and refresh it reverts 30 back to 29 and creates a new 30.

I think it must have something to do with some pairs having no immediate price movement.

Thanks

Alan

Comment

Hello Alan,

Can you please tell me what version you have installed. You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About (7.0.1000.X).

So if you reload historical data in the chart, the last 3 bars list 28-29-30, correct?

Did you receive any real-time data for the instrument in question after 10 PM before reloading historical data?

Comment

Originally posted by ninjatrader_jason View Post
            hello alan,

can you please tell me what version you have installed. You can check this at control center-->help-->about (7.0.1000.x).

so if you reload historical data in the chart, the last 3 bars list 28-29-30, correct?
            All I do is RC chart > Data Series > Apply or OK, not sure that reloads data.

did you receive any real-time data for the instrument in question after 10 pm before reloading historical data?
            To be honest I was checking several pairs so cant confirm. It feels like at 10:01 if there is no price change/movement then it changes the bar date until there is. I am not sure without my data series refresh at what time it corrects itself, certainly I had some not changed within the first 15 mins.

It is not a major issue now I can correct it but it is a bit disconcerting when you are using that moment to check for new positions etc.

Cheers

Alan

Thanks

Comment

Can you please upgrade to our latest version (7.0.1000.6) and check if the issue persists. You can download and install our latest version from the link below.

Clicking Apply or OK in the Data Series menu will not reload historical data. So if you open the Data Series menu and click Apply or OK, it will correct the timestamps of the daily bars, correct?

Yes, if no real-time data is received after 10 PM, no new daily bar will be created. It should be created as soon as data is received.

Comment

OK will upgrade and will check again tonight.

Yes the Data Series action corrects it and creates the new bar although its (understandably) hard to see if no action

Thanks

Comment

No change Jason, except that Data Series apply does not fix it now.

Have an AVI video where you can see the 30th has changed to July 1 with no new bar but cant see how to upload it.

Thanks

Alan

Comment

Hello Alan,

Unfortunately I do not see a video available in your post.

What happens if you right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'?

Comment

Hi Jason

No the video was 1gb and it wouldn't upload, maybe I could zip it and mail you, however it just shows what I am saying!

Reload made no change. At 11pm still no new bars so I closed NT and restarted and still no new bar.

Then I went to bed, this morning was OK.

Strange that v0004 allowed a work around and v6 doesnt?

I am about to purchase NT and trade via it, so it is essential I can check new bar at 2200 UK.

Are you sure I am not doing something wrong?

Cheers

Alan

Comment

Hello Alan,

Did you receive real-time data for any of the forex instruments after 10 PM UK time?

What time did you check this morning when the price bars were plotted as expected?

I do not see you doing something wrong that causes such behavior.

Unfortunately, I am not in the office during 10 PM UK time, however I will test it next Monday on my end and see if I can reproduce.

Comment

Hi Jason, yes my 4 Hour bars changed at 22:00UK.

Yes they were OK by 07:00 UK this morning.

Cheers, have a good weekend.

Alan

Comment

Hi Jason did you get a chance to look?

At 2200 UK yesterday my last 2 bars were July1 & 5.

Is this connected to the other thread re Session timing in R6?

Thanks

Alan

Comment

Hello Alan,

Unfortunately I was unable to check at 22:00 UK time on Monday - my apologies. I will have a colleague based in the US test it today - they will be in the office at that time.

Am I correct the daily bar gets created each day at 7:00 AM UK time? You started NinjaTrader for example at 6:00 AM and you saw the daily bar created at 7:00 AM.
                              Or did you start NinjaTrader at 7:00 AM and once you bring up the chart, it has the daily bar?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                              16 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post samish18  
                              Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes