Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can you adjust price and tick data that affects indicators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you adjust price and tick data that affects indicators?

Is it possible to adjust the incoming datafeed somehow so tick data does not have flat spots? What I mean by this is adjust price so it doesn't look like this...

Code:
           ____
    \___/       \______             ______
                              \______/
    and make it look like this...

Code:
    /\/\/\        /\/\/
          \/\/\  /
               \/
    It's kind of hard to explain, I can do so with pictures if necessary but hopefully this makes sense, the difference in the second example is there are no flat spots in the price. My datafeed pushes these flat spots through however I need to filter them out, does NT7 support this even if I have to write an indicator or anything along those lines to do so, I also need to make sure whatever solution in place affects the indicators as well, meaning their calculations are based off of what is actually shown with no flat spots. Thanks.

Richard, you can presmooth the data that you then feed to your other indicator or strategy calcs, for example to remove outliers you could consider a median filter before processing the data.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Bertrand. So to clarify as the indicators I am using are standard ones....I would modify the standard indicator to then pull from the price data array, manipulate that in memory for doing my calculations and that will fix the indicator. In regards to actually affecting the price drawn is there a way to do that without writing another indicator that hides the price and plots my own through the use of this indicator? Does NT7 provide a way to actually manipulate the price data or do I need to do something along the lines of what I mention above? Thanks again!

Comment

You're welcome Richard, you would need to manipulate the data in your indicator calcs - there's unfortunately not programmatic access to actually adjusting / editing the raw data stream. You can for example plot your 'cleaned up' price proxy as new price by just setting the raw data plots to transparent.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks again Bertrand, that's exactly what I'll do. Have a good week.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post 00nevest  
          Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes