Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can an indicator call another indicator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can an indicator call another indicator?

Is there a way to launch an indicator from within another indicator? I would like to call BackGroundGradient.cs from within an indicator ;

if (x> SOME VALUE)

Add, Launch,Call or whatever (BackGroundGradient.cs)
    Attached Files

Hello,

All indicators are compiled together, therefor all indicator methods areavailiable to all indicators.

Such as a new custom indicator could reference the SMA() indicators in its code.

This is done by referencing the name of the indicator SMA() and any parameters that may be required.

What your trying to do does work with how NinjaTraders is designed. What specifically are you trying to get to occur based on these conditions that is in BackGroundGradiants.cs

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Hello,

All indicators are compiled together, therefor all indicator methods areavailiable to all indicators.

Such as a new custom indicator could reference the SMA() indicators in its code.

This is done by referencing the name of the indicator SMA() and any parameters that may be required.

What your trying to do does work with how NinjaTraders is designed. What specifically are you trying to get to occur based on these conditions that is in BackGroundGradiants.cs

I look forward to assisting you further.

I have an indicator that changes the background color based on certain conditions. The background colors are solid colors.

The BackGroundGradiants.cs produces a gradient color background.

I would like to be able to change the background color when my criteria is met just like I do now , but change to a gradient color instead of a solid color.

Can this be done?

Are there any abilities within NT v7 to produce Gradient Colors with out using an indicator like BackGroundGradiants.cs ?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello,

This code willl need to be copy and pasted into the strategy.

Also, no update on if this will beavailiable since you are using unsupported NinjaScript functions for this .cs file to work.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ScottWalsh