Ib 906.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ib 906.8

Your 906.8 IB version will be out of support in a few days.
    Attached Files

Thanks for the heads up terratec.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

IB 906.8 will be desupported on December 14.

I think this is a general point to note. NinjaTrader developpers are extremely slow or even reluctant to respond to changes in Broker Software. The current build of IB is Build 911, which was released on November 09, 2010. There was no reaction to builds 907 through 911.

I also have not forgotten that NinjaTrader 6.5. was never adapted to build 892, released on February 02, 2009. So you left your customers alone for over one and a half years with a product that was not fit to trade some of the most liquid futures contracts via Interactive Brokers. This is totally inaccpetable and shows that the ressources committed to maintain the Broker interfaces are not sufficient.

Otherwise, I appreciate the quality and reactivity of your support.

Comment

Thanks for making us aware. We'll look into.

To put things into right perspective: I hold off commenting a vendor policy to discontinue the usage of a software which just is out a couple of months. Instead we will stick to our policy to minimize the risk for our customers by updating the support for IB TWS in reasonable steps (which definitely is not the ~3 weeks frequency on when new TWS versions are released).

Comment

Does NT work with TWS 906.9?

Not all of the release changes that Interactive Brokers made have an impact on the API. So maybe the current release of NinjaTrader already supports one of the versions that came after TWS 906.8.

Here are my questions:

(1) TWS 906.8 is desupported, but - according to info from Interactive Brokers - TWS 906.9 will still be supported. Does NT 7.0.1000.1 run with TWS 906.9?

(2) Looking at the TWS release schedule, it seems (not confirmed!) that TWS releases 907 and 908 did not affect the API, where as TWS 909 shows a modification of the API. Does NT 7.0.1000.1 run with TWS 908?

IB release schedule can be found here:

Comment

a) Next updates of NT7 and NT6.5 would support TWS 911. Unfortunately there is no ETA yet.
            b) Current releases of NT7 and NT6.5 will work with TWS 911 as well. However, the autostart feature will not work.

Comment

That's good news! I don't mind the AutoStart Feature. I will test the current version with TWS 911 right now.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
              a) Next updates of NT7 and NT6.5 would support TWS 911. Unfortunately there is no ETA yet.
              b) Current releases of NT7 and NT6.5 will work with TWS 911 as well. However, the autostart feature will not work.

Comment

You don't, but other user do. Since TWS keeps changing the command line params with every version, we have the current "TWS upgrade policy" in place, which is skipping as many TWS versions as reasonable.

Thanks for checking against TWS 911.

Comment

Internet Exlporer Problem

I can connect to the forum via Internet Explorer 8 (see screenshot 1). When then clicking the link for this thread, the page is displayed as logged out and I cannot access it (see screenshot 2). I am still logged in, as I can go back and then open other threads, but this thread has me logged out. I also tried to login, when the thread was open, worked except for this thread which has me logged out.

- The problem only occurs with Internet Explorer 8, no problem with Firefox, Opera and Safari.

- The problem only occurs for the NinjaTrader forum, another vBulletin forum worked.

- The problem only occurs for threads where I have posted.

- The problem started on December 1, after the forum was rearranged.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Harry; 12-02-2010, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I check IB site and can't find TWS 906.9, it only provides the latest version for download. I am using NT6.5

Comment

Originally posted by millridge View Post
                      I check IB site and can't find TWS 906.9, it only provides the latest version for download. I am using NT6.5
                      906.9 is the minumum supported version (after Dec 14) and has nothing to do with their downloads.
                      They offer the 911 and the old 910 to download.

I switched to 911 with no problems.

Comment

I also have not encountered any problems so far with TWS 911.

Originally posted by terratec View Post
                        906.9 is the minumum supported version (after Dec 14) and has nothing to do with their downloads.
                        They offer the 911 and the old 910 to download.

I switched to 911 with no problems.

Comment

Just tried TWS 911-3 and TWS 910-7 with NT 7.0.1000.1, one BIG problem:

I have more than one account at IB, ie, Master acct, SUB1 acct and SUB2 acct. When connected with NT, on the main page of TWS, Account Window, and OptionTrader I can not switch to display holdings from SUB1 to SUB2 or Master, I am stuck with SUB1 only. If I try to change to SUB2 or Master, TWS will switch you right back to SUB1. You can still trade in either account you just can not see what you have on SUB2.

Disconnect NT, or running TWS 906-8, everything works OK.

Now TWS 906-8 will stop being used on 12/14, So two questions:

1) Do you have link to TWS 907 or 908 for us to download, assuming there is no API chages in them from 906-8. I can test them if you can provide these two versions.

2) Can you fix the above problem in NT 7.0.1000.1 before 12/14? Hopefully by 12/10

Otherwise, anyone who have more than one account at IB is in serious trouble running NT starting 12/14.

Or if there is way to go around this issue since right now I can only see what I have in one account only.
                          Last edited by gregiii; 12-04-2010, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks for making us aware. I just sent a bug report to IB support. I recommend you do the same to stress the importance of that matter.

Unfortunately we don't have any link to TWS versions other than 906 and 911.

Comment

Immediate action from your side requested!

Dear Dierk

I am experiencing the same problem. We are running external live money. So please try to find a way around that NT will not be changing the TWS back to the same account as greggiii described or release a working NT version by next week. It is okay that NT does not react to every TWS release however, NT should be working correctly with at least one TWS version. There is strong need to spend the resources necessary to make it work until the change date. Please also reply to this forum once either a workaround for TWS 911 or a new NT 7 version was released.

thank you
                              wtmnn

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
                              16 responses