Auto chase simulated negative stop limit order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto chase simulated negative stop limit order

Is it possible to apply the auto chase ability to a simulated negative stop limit order in ATM function, Super DOM or through programming?

Possibly a way to by pass the need for a live order to activate the auto chase ability being that the simulated negative stop limit order resides on my PC?

Thanks in advance!

You can apply it on the remaining limit order if the stop triggered it, unfortunately it could not be preprogrammed to work per default on the entry orders (only for the ATM target exits it could be saved in the template).

In NinjaScript for a strategy the autoChase could be custom coded for entries and exits.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Bertrand.

I see a way of coding the auto chase function to an order in ninja script but I don't see any reference material on how to submit a simulated negative limit stop limit entry order from inside a strategy.....

Whats the syntax?

Comment

You would need to code this as well, there's no explicit command, you can code any offset you need in the overload, simulated just means only send it when triggered.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Right but the order will not be represented graphically on the Super DOM or chart trader though correct?

Comment

No, it will show up as a yellow order. A simulated order is just one as Bertrand has mentioned is simulated on your local PC till execution and actual submission time as price breaches the stop.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Perfect.

Last question...when Bertrand says "you can code any offset you need in the overload" can you point me towards an example of the technique I can take a look at?

Thanks Bertrand and Josh! Ninja trader support kicking butt as usual .

Comment

To clarify, orders that are set to actually be simulated like the ones done with SetStopLoss() will show up as yellow. If you are just trying to do something like a stop-limit order. Then you would have to use something like ExitLongStopLimit() and just punch in a stop price and a limit price reflective of your desired spread. Now this order would not be simulated so in your code you would just submit the order when you want it to be activated into a limit order. In such a case you would not see the yellow order.

Comment

What I am trying to recreate is the negative limit SLM entry order in the SuperDOM (as seen in the video library) initiated via my strategy and programitically change its position on a tick by tick basis (recreate the auto chase ability).

I can do it with out a visual representation of the "negative simulated order" in the SuperDOM, but I really would like to have a visual representation in the SuperDOM for easy verification and tracking...ie a negative limit SLM chasing the price if it moves away or holding firm as the price approaches.

The visual reflection of the simulated order in SuperDOM or chart trader is the sticking point.

Comment

decklin17,

You can either call an ATM strategy from your NinjaScript strategy which would have all those functions or you can try programming your own logic to mimic it, but then that would not come with the order display of a simulated order. In such an instance you can instead draw something on your chart like a horizontal line or something to mimic a Chart Trader line.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DynamicTest  
                    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes