Collapse

NT7 Sim101 - chart is blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry...ii wasn't clear. I know how to make a chart template.

I don't know how to set the charts to the default 24/7 session timer like the one in Control Centre Session manager, as you said said that only applies to the DOM and the CC.

EDIT: Got it now. Thanks!
    Last edited by Antraman; 11-07-2010, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antraman View Post
      sorry...ii wasn't clear. I know how to make a chart template.

I don't know how to set the charts to the default 24/7 session timer like the one in Control Centre Session manager, as you said said that only applies to the DOM and the CC.

EDIT: Got it now. Thanks!
      Glad to hear you got it working Antraman.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry to drag this old thread up again, but actually I am still having trouble with it.

Right now the DOM and all my charts are working OK for the FDAX, ES, NQ TF YM and ZB, but when I select the 6E on any chart or the DOM, that chart or DOM simply goes dead.

I've checked in the Control Centre/Tools/Session Manager and the template is set to Default 24/7, as suggested above.

This is in Simulation, and the version I am using is 7.0.0.23
        Last edited by Antraman; 12-24-2010, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Antraman, no worries -

1. Please update your NT7 copy to our NT 7 Release 1 version via Help > Download Site, then recheck

2. Which 6E front month do you use now? Current is the 03-11 one.

3. Most important is what session template your chart directly uses, to confirm it please press Ctrl F and check under the Data section of the 'Format Data Series' dialog box.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
            Antraman, no worries -

1. Please update your NT7 copy to our NT 7 Release 1 version via Help > Download Site, then recheck

2. Which 6E front month do you use now? Current is the 03-11 one.

3. Most important is what session template your chart directly uses, to confirm it please press Ctrl F and check under the Data section of the 'Format Data Series' dialog box.

Also in the "Format Data Series" try to increase the number of days to 5. It seems that it is not loading last weeks data unless you do so.

Lcash

Comment

Thanks Lcash and Bertrand, I tried both your suggestions, and am still not getting any joy.

I now have installed NT 7 0.1000.1

I am in Simulation Data Feed, and when I open Session Manager, it tells me I am using the Default 24/7 template.

When I open a static DOM, the 6E is not working, but the FDAX, NQ, TF, YM and ZB are.

Now, when I open a new chart, only the FDAX starts plotting. None of the other instruments above do.

Comment

Antraman - first : on the simulated feed, there's no historical data, this is just a canned internal feed for testing...so on charts you would see only bars forming from the moment you requested data for the symbol with the sim feed connected and working. What starting price for the simulated is entered for the symbols you wish to try? This would be checked for each master instrument under Tools > Instrument Manager.

For the session templates : the session manager would only help define and manage the templates, it would not define for which symbol and chart a specific template this then applied. This would be assigned as you create a chart in the 'Format Data Series' box.

Comment

Hi Bertrand, yes I am aware the sim feed is not historical data and therefore the bars get constructed by the sim, however I did sit and wait on each one (even tick charts) and did not see them appear. I don't know why you raise the issue of historical data because I certainly didn't mention throughout this thread.

Your explanation about starting price for the symbols in a created data template sounds entirely reasonable, and when I open Tools/Instrument Manager and click on the desired instrument (6E) I cannot find any window that allows me to set a start price. I tried creating a new chart, selecting 6E in the default instrument list, then setting the Session Template option to Default 24/7 and clicking OK. The chart opens, but it is dead.

I do this same process for FDAX, which is also in the deault list, along with the other sim instruments, ES, to ZM...and they all work. The chart opens and after a while, the bars start appearing.

If I open a DOM for any of the default sim instruments except 6E (03-11) those DOMs start and price activity is on screen, but as soon as I select 6E, it stops dead. I change back to any other instrument, and the price activity resumes.

Are there any other avenues I could pursue to troubleshoot this problem? There's really onlly the Control Centre and a Chart that has the Data Series editable windows right?

Comment

It seems that I am not the only person experiencing this problem.

Graphic problem with night!!!!!

White charts with live licence

It appears that in the instrument manager, you can add any instrument to the default list on the left, but the sim will only run the original default instruments that shipped with the program. If you have added a new instrument to the list, you cannot then remove it, because one gets the error message "You cannot delete the Default instrument list.

My Default list now has $EURUSD, M6E MSFT and 6J in it, and when I open a new DOM, these also appear (the futures do, not the stock ones). You cannot delete them from the Default list.

None of these added instruments function in the DOM or a chart if you have Sim101 connected.

So now, I am not sure, but maybe I added 6E to this default list, and that is why I am having the above problems in not getting 6E to appear in the charts or work in the DOM.

I think there is a design fault with the way instruments can be added to the default list, or...that they can't be deleted or show up in the DOM.

Comment

Antraman, please contact me at support at ninjatrader dot com so I can take a remote look - it all works as expected on my end here on latest NT7 R1. You can remove any instrument from the default list under Tools > Instrument Manager > Select the one to remove on the left hand default list > press the ' > ' button then.

Thanks,

Comment

Email sent, thanks Bertrand.

I have been able to remove an instrument from the defualt list using the > button.

So my question now would be, was the 6E originally on the Default list, or would I have had to add it? Its certainly possible that I did since its the EUR/USD I am wishing to set NT up for...

Comment

Great, no the 6E contract is not on the default instrument list normally, you would need to add it (currently using the 03-11 expiry). Is the $EURUSD currency then on your left default list as of now? It's sim feed starting price would be set at 1.00
                          Attached Files

Comment

All sorted now with Bertrand on Skype and remote desktop, thanks very much mate.

The problem, if others need to know, was that I was adding an instrument from the master list to the default list, and not setting the start price in the Instrument Edit properties to anything other 0.00

Also, any changes that I was making were not initialising because I didn't disconnect then reconnect the feed, or remove the instrument from the list, then adding it again from the master list after an edit.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post pibrew
                            by pibrew

Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
                            1 response
                            0 likes