NT7 Sim101 - chart is blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Sim101 - chart is blank

I've connected to simulated data feed, selected Sim101, opened a new Static SuperDOM and selected ES as the data feed. The DOM is showing price activity, and the orders tab of the control centre is also showing activity.

I open a new chart, select ES as the instrument and 1min as the data series, and the chart is blank.

I look around at all possible options that I could find and nothing I tweaked seemed to get the price activity, bars, or numbers appearing on the chert.

The chart trader button opens up the sidebar, and I see some activity there, but chart remains blank.

The data box when opened shows no numbers or activity in it as well/

Am I doing something wrong?

cheers,
    Antraman

Antraman, which session template are you using on the charts? Have you tried for example with the Default 24 / 7 one?

Also: the simulated feed is an internal canned feed for testing, it would generate pseudo realtimedata, not historical data.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Yes I am using 24/7 template. As I mentioned, there is price activity in the DOM, but the not it in the chart. Nothing is displayed at all. Indicators don't appear if I load them, no lines appear if I draw them.

I'm aware that sim is not real data feed, I am just wanting to get everything set up to my liking beforehand...since I couldn't use the workspaces or templates from NT6.

BTW, am using NT7 64bit on a Windows 7 x64 bit OS.

thanks.
      Last edited by Antraman; 11-04-2010, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Which ES contract are you attempting to chart and which sim feed start price is entered for it in the Instrument Manager?

Comment

ES 12-10 from the Sim101 drop menu list...

Sime feed start price is set at EDIT: 1250

Comment

That seems both correct Antraman - on which NT 7 release are you? Is this the latest B23 / RC1?

Comment

NT 64-bit 7.0.0.23

EDIT: I switched over to FDAX 12-10 and the candles started to appear on the chart. So its good that it is working, but what was wrong with ES 12-10? Its one of the default data feeds for Sim, right?
              Last edited by Antraman; 11-04-2010, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Correct, it should work per default - the only thing I can think of is that somehow the session template is not set as needed for the ES chart, as the FDAX would be in it's cash session right now - so the regular applied RTH session template would be allowing for chart data to be seen, same would not be true for the ES currently.

Comment

OK, thanks. I'll play with that later. For now I want to concentrate on getting the appearance to how I had it in NT5-6

Comment

Now its doing it for FDAX. I loaded my saved workspace from last night, connected to Sim and all my charts are blank, but the DOM is active.

I tried each of the instruments in the chart drop window, and none of them are coming up...

Comment

Originally posted by Antraman View Post
                      Now its doing it for FDAX. I loaded my saved workspace from last night, connected to Sim and all my charts are blank, but the DOM is active.

I tried each of the instruments in the chart drop window, and none of them are coming up...
                      Antraman, could you please contact me via Help > Mail to Support and include your workspaces used so I can check into directly on my end?

Thanks

Comment

Email sent, thanks.

EDIT: It seems like the Session Manager's Default 24/7 settings are applying only to the DOM and the Control Centre windows,but not any of the charting windows.
                        Last edited by Antraman; 11-05-2010, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Just replied to your mail - the DOM and Control Center display do not run off the session templates concept, they display all the data they receive all the time. So you've set your default session for each master instrument you use to 'Default 24 / 7' and it's not applied on the charts as work with the <Use Instrument Settings>?

Comment

OK, I see...but I how do I get the charts to Default 24/7 template? I only find the options in the Session Manager properties box in Control Centre,

Comment

Hello Antraman

You can save a create & save a default chart template. See this resource for more info:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
                              ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post burtoninlondon  
                              Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes