Collapse

PATS/esignal connectivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My account is set up for trading on Liffe - we trade many times every day in LIFFE financials and commodiites via NT. However, when I wnat to send an order like a stoplimit order which is not native to LIFFE I have to use PATS JTrader front-end to send the order. If i try to send this order type via NT then it is rejected in the way I just described to you.

globex works fine because it accepts just about any order type and synthetics are rarely required.

Comment

Great.

If unfortunately your broker can not setup your account to support simulated orders as on other exchanges (CBOT/GLOBEX) then NT does not support these orders.

Comment

Dierk, maybe I'm not making myself clear.

my account is set up to support synthetic orders on LIFFE, Eurex, etc -I place them regularly - but only via the PATS JTrader front-end .

The problem is that I can't place the same order type using the NT front-end.

So the problem I have, is that I must run both NT and Jtrader concurrently (using the same PATS connection) so that I can place all order types (native via NT and synthetic via Jtrader). If I could get NT to send a synthetic order (i.e. stoplimit to LIFFE) via Pats as you suggest is possible, then I wouldn't have to use the Jtrader.

I want to use NT to transmit all my order types - but I can't. this is what I need help with?

Comment

>> I want to use NT to transmit all my order types - but I can't. this is what I need help with?
          As explained below
          a) NT only can submit only order types supported by your broker
          b) NT does not support '!' orders
          c) NT does support synthetic orders in general though

If your broker can not setup your account as explained (LIFFE similar to CBOT/GLOBEX etc.), then there unfortunately is no resolution to your problem.

Thanks for your understanding.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
          11 responses
          0 likes