Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PATS/esignal connectivity

hi
    1.) is ICE available via PATS yet? If not will it be in the next release?

2.) Can you add the order types taht are not native to the exchange but available via PATS (sioms) server. These require an "!" suffix. I.e a stop limit order on LIFFE would be sent as "SopLimit!"

3.) also is there a way I can get data from my esignal connection for an unsupported exchange by using the 'default' exchange? I want to get data into NT for the LME, a sample esignal symbol would be ZSD 3M-LME for the continuous contract. I tried using the currency type (as the symbol structure is similar and it is also continuous) but it didn't work.

thanks

N

1) Should work already. Note: you have to set the right ICE ID for the instrument.
    2) We'll add to our list.
    3) Unfortunately this is not supported.

Comment

thanks dierk I'll try ICE and wait for the order types - next release?

Btw, how do I get DJ news that I subscribe to via esignal to appear in the NT news window - can't find anything in the instructions

Nick

Comment

- unfortunately there is no ETA on order types
        - all news received live from eSignal (not historical!) are displayed in the new form

Comment

PATS connection

I can't get connected now - i get this message in my log - can you tell me what it means and how to fix it?

9/4/2007 13:43 Default Pats.Callback.StartUp: exception caught: The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index

Comment

It could be related to the order types you mentioned below ("These require an "!" suffix"). Please ask your broker to remove them.

Comment

Dierk - the order types come from Pats - nothing to do with any broker

I can't connect to Pats - so its not like i'm trying to use a non-supported order type

Comment

Your broker runs a Pats system and enables features for your account. Please ask him to remove the order types below. Thanks

In the meantime you could try to rename your DB file <my documents>/NinjaTrader6/db/NinjaTrader.mdb to get a fresh DB and to get back to working.

Comment

Dierk, the feature called SIOMS enables PATS users to to place 'synthetic' orders such as stops and stop limit orders which are held on PATS servers rather than the exchange server. It would make no sense to disable this, if that were possible.

This was not a problem for NT previously, or currently on another machine using the same login to PATS which has just connected without error. It also worked fine on this machine until I tried connecting just now.

Comment

Ok, so please proceed as per below.

On another note: Pats had supported synthetic orders since > 3 years now without needing the order types you described below.

Comment

Dierk,

Patsystems Jtrader 6 user manual (page 58) states that when entering synthetic or time triggered orders "the order types for synthetic/timed orders are those with an exclamation mark" This is a PATS function i.e any message for an order type not native to an exchange must have an ! suffix for it to be accepted and held on PATS servers. If I send a stoplimit order type via Pats to to Liffe without the ! then it will always be rejected. Clearly I don't want to disable the SYOMS functionality (which works fine on my other NT connection).

Are you saying that it is possible to send such non-exchange supported orders via PATS without the ! because this is not their understanding (as I just discussed with them on the phone)? If it can be done then please explain how.

I now have the PATS connected to ICE (via another instance of NT taht works). The symbol code for ICE in the PATS page in the instrument manager is a long numeric relating (i think) to specific contracts months. Do I need to change the symbol map each timne the contract month changes for ICE and NYBOT instruments?

Comment

- NT now had supported PATS synthetic orders for > 3 years. NT tries try use exchange native orders on Pats (if supported) and then goes with synthetic orders if native orders are not supported by the exchange. You can not control that, this is done NT internally.
                        As pointed out below: to get going I suggest renaming the DB.

- >> Do I need to change the symbol map each time the contract month changes for ICE instruments?
                        Correct. Not sure about NYBOT instruments.

Comment

Dierk I placed a stoplimit through NT via PATS for Z Sep-07 that was rejected. I have attached the error message to this post.

this is what I have bbeen referring to - should this have been accepted?

Nick
                          Attached Files

Comment

Also tried it as a GTC - log entries below:

Date
                            Category

9/5/2007 15:39
                            Order
                            Combination order type 'StopLimit' and time-in-force 'Gtc' not supported by exchange 'Liffe' Affected Order: Buy 1 StopLimit @ 6400 x 6402

Order
                            Order='e6ecbdb533c946ee85d808b785209d74/ND2MAELDN' Name='' New State=Rejected Instrument='Z 09-07' Action=Buy Limit price=6402 Stop price=6400 Quantity=1 Type=StopLimit Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=OrderRejected Native error='Combination order type 'StopLimit' and time-in-force 'Gtc' not supported by exchange 'Liffe''

Order
                            Submitting order without strategy...

9/5/2007 15:35
                            Order
                            Combination order type 'StopLimit' and time-in-force 'Day' not supported by exchange 'Liffe' Affected Order: Buy 1 StopLimit @ 6400 x 6402

Order
                            Order='831cea01e7f14f1fa6f8b9749f7e5dde/ND2MAELDN' Name='' New State=Rejected Instrument='Z 09-07' Action=Buy Limit price=6402 Stop price=6400 Quantity=1 Type=StopLimit Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=OrderRejected Native error='Combination order type 'StopLimit' and time-in-force 'Day' not supported by exchange 'Liffe''

Order
                            Submitting order without strategy...

Comment

Please ask your broker to setup your account for trading on LIFFE. He should enable the same order types and time-in-force (Day/Gtc) like you have e.g. for ES/Globex which I suspect works as expected.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                              13 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post frankthearm