Place to additional info on drawing object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Place to additional info on drawing object

I have my own Fibonacci cluster program. It has now been converted to ninja 7.0. Is there a place in 7.0 I can put additional information about the drawn object. I wanted to have information about the cluster I could reference but didn't want to clutter my charts with it.

It is like I want a text info box on the properties or a mouse over function.

Thanks

ct, you could for example print your cluster levels to the output window or you use for example DrawText / DrawTextFixed to show them. A mouse over tooltip should be possible with custom C# coding.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand

Here they are for the dax for today. It is my long range scan up to 150 ticks away from price. I use a smaller time frame and also only closer clusters. The numbers drawn on the line is the time frames the cluster was formed from but I would also like to have access to age, height of the pivots, and number of rings. To draw this on the chart all the time adds clutter. They are real time so the clusters change throughout the day as other stronger clusters are formed from new price action.

The different colors are the different kinds - expansions, extensions, retracements up and down.

How would you trigger the tooltip? Tell me more!!!

Hope this helps.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ct; 04-15-2010, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Nice chart - there are for sure multiple options possible, if you don't prefer history while trading just place those for example in the right side margin to see evolving levels...uncluttering some of the chart. What you can also do is just display the 2 levels for support and resistance closed to the last x bars candle range...so you know what you're potentially running into...

Comment

Bertrand

I do have a filter parameter so I can only see clusters x ticks from current price.

How big an area to the right do I have? I don't need huge. Hmmm.. Never thought of that one but understand it. That is simple. I like simple.

So how would you trigger a tooltip on a chart?

There is no history displayed but only what is best now. So you can't see what was there 10 minutes or an hour ago without market replay. I do have a breadcrumb indicator that leave tracks when I get close to a cluster. The clusters get loaded into a global area so I can reference them from other charts.
          Last edited by ct; 04-15-2010, 09:15 AM.

Comment

You can set the right side margin on the charts, there's a property for this ... I can't really help you setting a tooltip up in your code since it's a general C# topic, but here's a little starter - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...12(VS.71).aspx

Comment

Bertrand

If done correctly this won't conflict or crash ninja 70 will it? Could be interesting and powerful. I could clean up my charts big time.

Comment

Yes, if programmed correctly it shoudn't produce a crash - you'll have to ensure not running into any index issues accessing the (unsupported) ChartControls -

Comment

Hello,

Was anyone able to get a "tooltip" working? I would love to see some example code! :]

In particular, I'm looking to add it to a IDrawObject, but I'm not seeing how to attach a MouseHover/MouseLeave event. Perhaps I need a cast or extension?

Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: I can attach a MouseHover/MouseLeave event to the ChartControl.ChartPanel, but that's for the entire chart, which is no good, obviously, since I am looking to attach it to a particular DrawObject (Square, Triangle, Diamond, etc).

Daniel
                  Last edited by neoikon; 07-19-2013, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by janio973, Today, 07:24 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                  Started by aligator, 01-06-2022, 12:14 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post john_44573