Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show CurrentBid -4 Ticks on Chart

Good morning,

I build a simple strategy yesterday that shows a text (Buy/Sell) on the Chart once the MACD Cross above/below the average line.
    I was wondering if it is possible to combine text with the the current Bid -4 ticks (e.g. BUY at 1045 ) and display this on the chart while the signal occurs.

Many Thanks in advance for reading so far :-)

Strategy doesn't run

Hello,

I wanted to check if the Strategy is showing the BUY/SELL Text on the the Sim101 account this morning but when the MACD cross occur no Signal is showing? When I open the Strategy window and press ok I see the Signal on the chart. It seems like the Strategy is not executing in realtime.

Please can you advice if I have to change some options in order to have the Strategy show signals when they occur.

Many Thanks!

Comment

Kroete, you could for sure include the current bid via GetCurrentBid in your signal drawing - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...urrentBid.html

On your second question I'm not sure I follow - are you expecting to autotrade these crossovers via your BUY / SELL plots? This would not work, as it's must visual, for execution you would need to enter the appropriate Enter() methods following your crossover conditions, for an example you can review the 'SampleMACrossOver' we ship per default.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

CurrentBid and Text on Autotrade

Thank you for you quick response Bertrand,
        The Strategy I have build is not meant to execute buy or sell orders, but give a text and alarm on the chart while the signal (MACD Crossover) occurs.
        If the DrawText() method isn't working on Auto trade is there another way this Signal can be implemented? The idea behind is to avoid sitting in front of the screen the whole time and wait for a signal but instead stay in another room and wait for a sound and a Signal on the screen when the cross happen.

I have attached the code fragment, please can you advice if this is working like that and also give a hint how I can implement the CurrentBid() method ino the DrawText() method in order to see the price.

Many Thanks!
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for clarifying, for sure you could use a strategy to just drawn and issue sound alerts - any errors in the log tab as you don't see those triggering as you would expect? Have you tried also with the standard MACD indicator?

To show the current bid just add this to your text string you display, for example "MyBuySignal is @" + " " + GetCurrentBid().ToString()
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_Bertrand; 03-30-2010, 06:30 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Thank you very much Bertrand! The log tap didn't show any error's, I will try it with the standard MACD again. After the Strategy is running I will try to adjust the code with the CurrentBid.String.

You are a great help!

Comment

You're welcome - I vaguely remember ZLMACD issues (as there were versions with hardcoded CalculateOnBarClose settings floating around), thus please try with the standard MACD method we provide to compare.

Comment

GetCurrentBid().To String()

I have changed the Strategy to the default MACD and it is working now :-)
                Please can you give me more information or examples how to implement the To String() in my Strategy as I am unable to get it right from the example you posted earlier.

I have no clue about coding but I hope to change this with time.

Many Thanks!

Comment

Great the standard MACD workds for you - sure, which exact calls are you using now in your strategy to draw the signals?

Comment

CurrentBid().To String() and Alert help

Please find below the calls for the Strategy
                    I also noticed that the alert keep sounding once the signal occur, can you help me to change the code that the alarm goes just one time?

// Condition set 1
                    if (CrossAbove(MACD(12, 26, 9), MACD(12, 26, 9).Avg, 1))
                    {
                    DrawText("BUY" + CurrentBar, "PossibleBUY", 1, Low[0] + 2 * TickSize, Color.Green);
                    PlaySound(@"C:\NinjaTrader 6.5\sounds\Alert4.wav");

Thank you very much!

Comment

You could try something like this Kroete -

Code:

// Condition set 1
                      if (CrossAbove(MACD(12, 26, 9), MACD(12, 26, 9).Avg, 1))
                      {
                      DrawText("BUY" + CurrentBar, "PossibleBUY" + " " + GetCurrentBid().ToString()
                      , 1, Low[0] + 2 * TickSize, Color.Green);
                      PlaySound(@"C:\NinjaTrader 6.5\sounds\Alert4.wav");
                      If you're looking for an alert that would stay idle for a user set amount of seconds, please look into working with the Alert() method instead of PlaySounds.

Comment

Perfect!!! Thanks again for you help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                        14 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post aligator  
                        Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM