Importing problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
    Those would sit in the .NET install folders under Windows - for example, C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
    OK...got em. Here are the new compile errors.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Thomas,

It looks like some references remain to be added. At this point it may be better to repair or reinstall.

From the last picture it looks like you are using version 7. You can download from the following link:
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html
      Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You have custom NinjaScript files on your pc that have programming errors

Dear Ninja Trader:

I am new to Ninja Trader, having just downloaded NT7 (by the way, that acronym sounds like a window's term: ie: Windows NT 7(tm) ;-) )

Anyways, I installed NT7. Then, I wanted to import some custom indicators found on this forum. So, I followed the instructions and went to File-Utilities-Import

Well, the computer told me that I couldn't do it because there were "custom NinjaScript Files on your pc that have errors." So, I did a search and found this thread.

What I did to resolve my issues was to right click in my NinjaScript Editor and select Reference. Then, I clicked "Add". I then browsed to my C:\Users\NickLeeson\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator folder. I clicked "NinjaTrader.vendor.dll"

After I did this, my issues were resolved. I now have successfully imported the Value Area indicator. So, all my issues are resolved for now. However, the reason for my post is to make several comments:

========================
        [Please know that my background is trading using MetaTrader4. I am adept at programming using MetaEditor. I believe that MetaEditor is more user friendly because of the following:]

1. when you compile in metatrader, even though all files are compiled (much like ninjascript), if there is one file that has an error, the compiler will still allow you to compile everything else and leave the errand one alone. It is rather annoying to have NinjaScript refuse to compile at all if any error exists in any un-related .cs files.

2. [minor point] From a user-friendly point of view, I shouldn't have had to Add the reference of vendor.dll. This should have been all done by the NT7 installer.

3. After loading the custom indicators on the chart, I see that I am not able to delete individual objects that are draw by the custom indicator without removing the entire indicator from the charts. This is another annoying thing. What I mean is, for example, if a custom indicator draws a text object on the chart. If I want to remove that text object, the program will say "This object was drawn by an indicator or strategy. Do you wish to removed the indicator/strategy that created this object?" Then, it proceeds to remove the whole indicator instead of just the single object. I have found, in another thread, that the work around is to change the color or the content of the text object so that it does not show up. But, I think we should be able to delete individual objects.

4. MT4 had a popup list of all the objects on the chart. So far, I have not been able to find a popup window that lists all the current objects on the current chart. Is there such a function? Overall, it just seems rather cumbersome to work with objects in NT7. Do you agree with me? MT4 has an easy way of manipulating chart objects. They seem to have built the program with chart-object-manipulation in mind.

I know that it isn't fair to compare MT4 to NT7. However, MT4 has been at it a long time. They have a lot of good things going for them. It would be nice if NT7 can borrow the user friendliness of MT4 :-) [ie: think about how Microsoft copies Apple's interface in order to make a superior product that out-performs all Macs. I wish NT7 could borrow from MT4's user interface :-) ] Cheers.

thank you.

Comment

Hello longtang,

Thank you for your post.

I am glad to hear that you were able to overcome your issue by adding the reference.

I will forward your comments on to my development team for further consideration. Thank you for your feedback.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sample of errors:

NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs The type or namespace name 'JurikDMX' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) CS0246 - click for info 21 17

NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs The type or namespace name 'JurikJMA' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) CS0246 - click for info 22 17

NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs The type or namespace name 'JurikRSX' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) CS0246 - click for info 23 17

NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs The type or namespace name 'JurikVEL' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) CS0246 - click for info 24 17

NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs The type or namespace name 'WoodiesCCI' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) CS0246 - click for info 25 17

Comment

Hi jeanlee411,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!

You will need to remove and then re-add the reference to NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll and then recompile your scripts.

For more information about adding a reference, please see the following link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...indicators.htm
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Add this directive to your Initialize() method, and in NT7, you can remove draw objects independently of the indicator.

Code:
                AllowRemovalOfDrawObjects = true; // Draw objects can be removed separately from the script
                If you want to be able to manipulate draw objects on the chart, they need to be unlocked. Use this code in your OnBarUpdate() method.

Code:
                // Every 20 bars, unlock all draw objects

if (CurrentBar % 20 == 0)
                {
                // Loops through the DrawObjects collection
                foreach (IDrawObject draw in DrawObjects)
                    {
                        // Unlocks all draw objects for manual manipulation on the chart
                       draw.Locked = false;
                       draw.SeparateZOrder = true;
                    }
                }
                Naturally, you can change the frequency with which you unlock all objects. Objects unlocked before each run of the code, stay unlocked, until the next run.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Anfedport  
                Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post iceman2018