Collapse

Windows 7 with ninja .. any problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H i, did you experience any problems with the daylight savings time adjustment with the xp mode on your win 7? I.m unable to adjust mine and it screws up just about everything. Hoping you got some answers, lol

th

Comment

FYI, tried running an automated strategy in 64 bit Win 7 with an IB sim account: orders seem to be generated (show up in log file) but don't appear in the "orders" tab. Also, filled orders don't show up in "executions tab". Anyone else seeing this?

Comment

Originally posted by tomek001 View Post
        H i, did you experience any problems with the daylight savings time adjustment with the xp mode on your win 7? I.m unable to adjust mine and it screws up just about everything. Hoping you got some answers, lol

th
        No, I'm not having any issues of that nature. However, I am having issues with XP Mode and Virtual PC. It is totally hung up in a hibernation mode loop of some sort and I can't load anymore programs into XP mode. The integration part of things seems to have failed. However, my XP Mode works great through VM Ware Player 3.0...

Comment

How much memory did win 7 assign to your xp mode? It could be related to insuficient memory allocation. My instalation allocated only 512 Mb and I would not dare trying anything else in xp mode.

Comment

Same here, 512mb. The program I installed was a .NET related program that needed a .NET 2.0 update. It was after this update installed and subsequent reboot of XP Mode that it never returned. I've uninstalled Virtual PC, but don't want to undo XP Mode because I have it working well under VM Ware Player with several programs already installed. I don't think it's related to the limited memory, more likely the .NET update, but can't figure out how to repair it.

Comment

Hi Pipskateer,

Is your N7 connection to Zen 64 bit stil working fine? I just downloaded N7 and keep getting error stating that ZenFire does not support 64 bit connectivity. Did you work around this?

th

Comment

I have not reinstalled NT7, I am using NT6.5 on the 64 bit platform with no issues connecting thru Zen, aside from the same ATM "stun" problem which existed under WinXP Pro 32 bit.

Comment

ok, thanks for quick reply. I just managed to connect. Watching Ray's video and trying to overlay one time frame with another and then send the larger time frame in the background. any idea which key strokes he uses.

thanks in advance,

th

Comment

ok, thanks for quick reply. I just managed to connect. Watching Ray's video and trying to overlay one time frame with another and then send the larger time frame in the background. any idea which key strokes he uses.

thanks in advance,

th
                    No, I haven't seen Ray's video....got a link?

Comment

thanks in advance,

th
                      I just got a chance to watch Ray's video...very impressive changes for NT7. I see he is using the SHIFT-PLUS key combination to bring up the little box to add another data series to the chart. Then he just right clicks to highlight one chart and then drag/drops it onto another one.

In order to move any object (including an entire chart data series) from front to back, he is holding down the SHIFT key and using the mouse scroll wheel to change the "Z" position on the chart, moving it front to back or vice versa.

Comment

Hi,

Do you need to convert your NT 6.5 indicator if you plan to migrate to NT 7?

Comment

Hello,

If this is a general question, the answer is maybe. Here are more details:
                          Migration of Data from NinjaTrader 6.5 to 7
                          http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21019
                          DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                          14 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post aligator  
                          Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                          6 responses
                          0 likes