Collapse

Windows 7 with ninja .. any problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about NT 6.5 under 32bit-compatible of window 7 64-bit environment?

JK

Comment

Welcome to our forums!

Unfortunately, if its not 32 bit Windows its not supported with NinjaTrader 6.5. You can attempt to run it in 32 mode with Windows 7 64 bit however if you encounter any problems we will be unable to provide support.

Comment

Originally posted by cw30000 View Post
        Using it on win7 64bit ultimate, no problem.

Can you share your experience with Win 7 64 bit.

Comment

Win7 64 Plus NT Beta 10

No problems so far.

Comment

Running 32bit NT7 v10 on 64bit Windows7 does NOT work for me.
            Running 64bit NT7 v10 on 64bit Windows7 works perfectly for me.

You cannot connect to Zen-fire using the 64bit version of NT7v10.

This is what I've found. I need to have either ZenFire working on the 64bit version of NT7 OR I need the 32bit version of NT7 working on Windows7.

Comment

Jonmoron,

You can use our support if your running 32 bit Windows 7. Please contact us at support at NinjaTrader dot com for support and we will be glad to get you up and running.

Comment

Read from tech forum that 32bit application runs fine on 64bit OS.

Guess that most users dont look into 64bit since most application run on 32bit and the benefits are not that much.

Since todays hardware are powerful 64bit OS would be the way forward.

I hope Ninja 7 can capitalize on 64bit OS and solve some of the issues faced by Version 6.

Comment

Originally posted by torroray View Post
                  Since todays hardware are powerful 64bit OS would be the way forward.

I hope Ninja 7 can capitalize on 64bit OS and solve some of the issues faced by Version 6.
                  Agree... I just ordered a new desktop PC to replace my failed Toshiba laptop for trading. Almost every high-end machine I've seen being offered is now being shipped with a Win7 64-bit OS... mine included...

So, it looks like I will have to run the 32-bit version of NT 6.5 on my 64-bit machine for now? I'm trying to piece the information together from this thread to see what will work for me when I get this new computer next week. I have a Mirus/Zenfire feed and I find it odd that ZF isn't already supporting 64 bit...
                  Last edited by Pipskateer; 02-26-2010, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Why dont you ask Zen to solve this. Ninja 7 will work with 64bit.

So only a matter of time that Zen have to follow Ninja 7 path.

Comment

Originally posted by torroray View Post
                      Why dont you ask Zen to solve this. Ninja 7 will work with 64bit.

So only a matter of time that Zen have to follow Ninja 7 path.
                      Good idea....done.

Comment

Email response from Zen-Fire:
                        We support 64bit and Ninja will be updating to accommodate it soon. Don't worry too much about using the 32bit version though, tests have shown that the 64bit made almost no difference in performance.
                        Was thinking someone in this thread said they had no connectivity with Win7 64 bit to Zen-Fire...?? Yeah, found it...
                        Originally posted by jonmoron View Post
                        Running 32bit NT7 v10 on 64bit Windows7 does NOT work for me.
                        Running 64bit NT7 v10 on 64bit Windows7 works perfectly for me.

You cannot connect to Zen-fire using the 64bit version of NT7v10.

This is what I've found. I need to have either ZenFire working on the 64bit version of NT7 OR I need the 32bit version of NT7 working on Windows7.
                        Last edited by Pipskateer; 02-27-2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

you will need win 7 professional or ultimate to run win xp virtualization. I just went through the same process i.e building my own desktop. As we speak I connected my 2 nd new monitor and realized that when running NT in virtual mode I'm unable to drag and drop windows ( charts ) onto the other monitor. if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears, lol Other than that NT 6.5 works fine with this setup

Comment

Yeah, I got the crash course in Win7 version capabilities over the last few days trying to configure this machine. I've never previously dealt with anything higher than WinXP Pro on a dual core machine. I finally upgraded to Win7 Ultimate as that was the only reliable way to run XP Mode. So far, NT 6.5 32 bit seems to be working well on this 64 bit machine and I'm able to connect to Zenfire ok. We'll see how it goes with some live data feed this coming week...but it *looks* like I'm good for now until NT7 is released.

Thanks all!

Comment

hey Pipskater,

Are you using multiple monitors? Did you run into issues I described earlier while running xp mode in win7?

Comment

I'm using a single monitor configuration at the moment on my new machine. I'm running Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit and NT6.5 is running better than ever on this computer. I setup XP Mode to run in VM Ware Player 3.0 in anticipation of NT 6.5 failure on the 64 bit OS, but I've never had to use it since NT works great on my system. The only issue I have is one that I also experienced with ATM's on my old computer running XP Pro 32 bit, so it's not machine-related.

I looked back in this thread, but didn't see what particular problems you mentioned.

EDIT: Oh duh, missed post #27... No, haven't tried multi-monitors yet, sorry.
                                Last edited by Pipskateer; 03-14-2010, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post burtoninlondon  
                                Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post AaronKoRn