Collapse

Iphone or Blackberry connectivity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can run NT on a Netbook for sure! But then a 3G/GSM connection will carry all the realtime marketdata.

My concept is different:

The NT7 is run on a powerful PC with multiple screens and LAN connection. This PC stays always on and NT is launched and exited daily via the task scheduler.

When away from the office I want to be truely mobile, hence without a laptop/netbook. Only a cell phone/iphone/blackberry!

With the cell phone I just control the parameters for the strategies, and these strategies are running on your main NT machine, hence with full LAN bandwidth etc.
    Via cell phone I can also launch NinjaTrader, I can also kill NinjaTrader.exe (was needed sometimes in NT6.5) and I can connect/disconnect to the brokers.
    This is full remote control of Ninja via a cell phone!

regards
    Andreas

www.zweisteintrading.eu

Comment

biggest remaining risk then is losing ISP connection....how is this handled?

can you reboot the desktop machine from your cell phone?....maybe by accessing the net and Go_To_My_PC.com or other?

Comment

"biggest risk is ISP losing" is quite misleading. You are exaggerating!

In several years of trading I have usually 1 time a month for less than 2 minutes a broker connectivity problem. I would say 3/4 of these incidents are due to the broker, 1/4 due to ISP provider.
        The problem usually resolves by itself and the internet turns operative by itself within minutes.
        If you have more frequent problems I suggest you to contact your local PC guy to set you up a proper connection.

Ninja Tiny Mobile Trader has a command to reboot the PC. But you must have autologin enabled in order to reload NinjaTrader successfully.

Best regards
        andreas

Comment

however infrequent, ISP is still the biggest risk....then computer hardware issue

still need to be considered

Comment

can we expect NT for iPad?

Comment

Hello Keivan177,

Thank you for your post.

There are no plans for an iPad specific version of NinjaTrader at this time. I will, however, forward this suggestion on to my development team for further consideration.
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Does anyone have a list of all the mobile NT versions available?

There is the NTMT as described in an earlier post

and I also know of one at http://www.iqtrading.es/eng/automation/automation.html

Both of them have the same price model but are priced in euro. Ideally I would like to find one in USD, but if it's not available it looks like the conversion costs will be more than worth the value of this app.

Comment

iqtrading.es is distributing my app, NTMT.

Conversion costs should not be a problem: Paypal does all the necessary payment related procedures for you included currency conversion.

Best regards
                  andreas

www.zweisteintrading.eu

Comment

teamviewer

I use Teamviewer5 (it's free) on my iPhone to remotely login to my home computer and check my NinjaTrader. You just pinch/stretch the iphone screen to zoom in and out, and I have the processing power of my home computer on my side.

If you wanted you could also remote host NinjaTrader. This combined with teamviewer is a way smart and powerful 'app' type solution for the iPhone.

I backtest NinjaTrader ideas from my iPhone this way all the time.

Comment

new feature: chart display

For all interested in NinjaTinyMobileTrader, true access to NinjaTrader from your mobile phone (iphone included):

As a new feature I added the display of charts also: You can view NinjaTrader charts on your mobile phone Here an example:

allthough NT7 is still beta NTMT is already rock solid and very stable and is used already in real-trading by mself for more than 6 month.

regards

Andreas

www.zweisteintrading.eu
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by loadednrg View Post
                        I use Teamviewer5 (it's free) on my iPhone to remotely login to my home computer and check my NinjaTrader. You just pinch/stretch the iphone screen to zoom in and out, and I have the processing power of my home computer on my side.

If you wanted you could also remote host NinjaTrader. This combined with teamviewer is a way smart and powerful 'app' type solution for the iPhone.

I backtest NinjaTrader ideas from my iPhone this way all the time.
                        loadednrg,

Thank you for the Teamviewer idea. I am in India and Dell is selling an Android XCD 38 smart phone here and I wonder if I can do the same thing with this Dell smart phone as you are doing with the iPhone?

Are you able to see the charts fairly well? I don't need extreme detail but at least the bars in a bar chart should be discernible with the MA indicators. I am using an automated Ninja Script strategy and only need to turn it on at Market open and it takes one trade a day and is fully automated.

This idea will allow me to travel and even be in an airport and use my home laptop with a steady broadband conection to do all the trading, with my remote turn on feature.

Any comments are welcome!

Thanks,
                        Kailash

Comment

Droid phones

I use Pocket Cloud on my Xperia X10 Droid phone to operate my desktop from anywhere. There is a free version and a full $15 version

It requires that you install PC Companion on your PC, which is free.

It is just like sitting in front of you PC...i.e. you can operate Ninjatrader as if there

Comment

Originally posted by ATI user View Post
                            I use Pocket Cloud on my Xperia X10 Droid phone to operate my desktop from anywhere. There is a free version and a full $15 version

It requires that you install PC Companion on your PC, which is free.

It is just like sitting in front of you PC...i.e. you can operate Ninjatrader as if there
                            Yes this works really well. I use the same model phone with 'LogMeIn'.... complete control anytime, anywhere.

By the way, Google have an active and successful project called SL4A which allows any of us to create an Android Applications coded in a language such as Python; simpler than Java, C, etc. Might be practical now for any of us to roll our own Android Applications.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Bidder
                            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes