Iphone or Blackberry connectivity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iphone or Blackberry connectivity?

has anyone or is anyone working on a mobile app for ninja trader?

Hello balomas,

Thank you for your post.

There is not a version of NinjaTrader for mobile devices. I will, however, forward your request on to our development team for further consideration.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Blackberry connectivity of sorts, would definately be a welcome addition.

Comment

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your post.

I will forward this on to development for further consideration.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I second the great idea

I second the great idea of iphone app.

Here is my recommendation of versions:

version 1:
          allow account information access (balance, any open orders, maybe order history if possible)

version 2:
          allow closing an open position (very good day trader backup if someone's internet goes down)

version 3:
          real time level 1, charts, buy/sell orders (check out TD Ameritrade's istockmangr and ETrade's Mobile iphone app).

version 4:
          all other bells and whistles... level 2, DOM, real-time candlestick charts, etc.

Comment

Hello,

I will send your suggestions to our development department for consideration. Thank you!
            DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry for my bad english.

I have a proposal. Look for a service provider and rent a windows server. Install Ninja Trader on the server and let it running. Now you need a remote program for your mobile, blackberry or i-phone. Than you have fully access to all function of Ninja Trader.

Only my two cents. Opinions about that?

Kind Regards

quantus75

Comment

access NT remotely

quantus75

Your English is fine. Please explain in greater detail.

For instance, why can I not just set up my computer to act as the windows server you mentioned and access it from a Blackberry, iPhone, etc.?

...or just use software such as...

I do not require remote access to charts, etc. I would however like to check Positions and PnL for the day from the golf course....and shut off the strategy if there is a problem.

My strategy currently will auto trade from the open and shut off if maxrisk or maxdrawdown are exceeded or if my goal is reached...however, I would still like to be able to keep an eye on it remotely.

Thanks for your input.
                Last edited by ATI user; 08-15-2009, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Hi ATI,

to set up the home computer to a windows server is very risky. Power failure and connection cuts from the provider are possible and the dead of every trading program. If you use a provider you MUST check the stability. When there will be failures you must include this in your risk reward ratio.

Is it possible to set up a save server at home? Yes but it is expensive. You need the stability from your provider and this connections are expensive.

Personally I do not need a remote. I trade a longterm strategy (one times check in the evening) and a short term strategy at the 15 min chart. For the 15 min strategy I need to sit in front of the screen.

Last Point: Never make the distance longer than needed. You have a connection from the Broker to your computer (Distance 1). And than you will have a connection from your computer to your mobile (Distance 2). I am very very risk avers and here I would double my risk to have a connection problem.

I hope this answer is more detailed. Or I forgot something?

quantus75

Originally posted by ATI user View Post
                  quantus75

Your English is fine. Please explain in greater detail.

For instance, why can I not just set up my computer to act as the windows server you mentioned and access it from a Blackberry, iPhone, etc.?

...or just use software such as...

I do not require remote access to charts, etc. I would however like to check Positions and PnL for the day from the golf course....and shut off the strategy if there is a problem.

My strategy currently will auto trade from the open and shut off if maxrisk or maxdrawdown are exceeded or if my goal is reached...however, I would still like to be able to keep an eye on it remotely.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

Would be amazing if there was a mobile version like Metatrader have.

Comment

Agreed. In fact I think it is becoming a necessity for Ninjatrader to create a mobile app esp. for the iphone due to it's popularity, and ability.

There is now a good selection of mobile trading apps for the iphone from very reputable companies and I think if Ninja wants to remain competitive and on the forefront of platform development they need to follow these requests up from their customer base or risk losing them.

Comment

We NEED Blackberry connectivity, thought I'd mention it again. I am spending more time away from the office, networking, etc and need to keep up on the markets. I definately want to see a mobile Ninja Trader app for Blackberry.

Thank you.

Comment

As a heads up, even Interactive Brokers has introduced a new mobile version of the TWS (Trader's Workstation) for the Blackberrys and one for Iphones. Looks decent so far, we'll see how it works. But it IS CERTAINLY TIME for Ninja Trader for Blackberrys and smart phones.

Thanks,

Comment

I have developped the "ninja tiny mobile trader"

You run your NinjaTrader at home but you can access and manage strategies remotely via your mobile phone, iphone or blackberry.

Please have a look at www.zweisteintrading.eu

regards
                            Andreas

Comment

how would that compare to running NT7 on a $300 netbook with 21mps broadband?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder
                              by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes