Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

modified trailing stop in ATM Strategies. Is that possible??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

modified trailing stop in ATM Strategies. Is that possible??

Dear Support team,

i want to support my discretionary trading better. i am entering a position manually but the closing should follow by a special trailing of my stop. That means that my stop should be trailed by the movement of the lower (for long) or the upper (for short) donchian channel. the stop follows simply these channels. that´s it!!!!

I searched all helps but so far i found nothing that can help me to construct this special trailing stop!!!

Possibility 1: Strategies
    These are only for 100% automated traiding. Possibly i can enter manually and then switch over to these donchian-channel-stop-strategy (dcss). But this is not so easy. whenever a start a strategy i have to close chart trader and start strategy manually. this is not so supportive.

Possibilty 2: ATM Strategies

This feature is quite near to what i am searching for. Instead of using the tick based trailing i need to integrate my dcss via NinjaScript Programming. But i found no way to integrate code in the ATM strategy. So i end up with no chances to adopt or customize the standard tick based trailling stop.

Please give am idea, how to generate a appropriate solution!!!

Thanks in advance

christian

1. NinjaScript Strategies do not interface with manually entered trades. Unfortunately this is the only workaround available to you. The approach is not streamlined and was never the intent of it. This is not supported.
    2. Unfortunately you cannot program NinjaScript for ATM strategies.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

like it to

Found the answer already , thanks anyway. Maybe it's gonna be possible in NT7 ?

----------
      Hi,

That's what I'm searching to.

I put in my orders manually with an ATM strategy, and would like to trail my stop automatically calculated by a strategy for example.

So if I place my order manually with a ATM strategy attached it's not possible to move my stop automatically ??
      ----------
      Last edited by Creamers; 01-02-2009, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Hi Creamers, I agree this is a nice feature - we have it on our list for future consideration.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Anfedport  
        Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes