Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else seeing connection losses?

Hi,

This isn't really a service request, but am curious if anyone else has seen problems. I'd like to know how to diagnose and prevent.

It looks like this morning NT had lost connection at some point during the night, but it just wasn't aware of it. When I got to the machine, the light on the command center was green. The trace file showed it sending keepalive messages, but the strategy didn't run when the markets opened.

I opened a (new) chart, and then NT went orange/green, showing it lost connection/reconnected. (The logs show it losing connection at the moment I touched the machine.) Most likely, the connection was lost earlier, it just wasn't aware of it.

I'm 99.99% sure it isn't a hardware or network issue. This is running on a monitored, dedicated hosted server almost right next door to TDAmeritrade's API servers (5ms ping).

I've never seen this before... I'm just curious if anyone else had. And more importantly, how I can force NT "detect" a connection loss...? I'm thinking about setting up a QA-type macros that will launch a new random chart at market open every morning, and forcibly refresh the connection.

Originally posted by heech View Post
    Hi,

This isn't really a service request, but am curious if anyone else has seen problems. I'd like to know how to diagnose and prevent.

It looks like this morning NT had lost connection at some point during the night, but it just wasn't aware of it. When I got to the machine, the light on the command center was green. The trace file showed it sending keepalive messages, but the strategy didn't run when the markets opened.

I opened a (new) chart, and then NT went orange/green, showing it lost connection/reconnected. (The logs show it losing connection at the moment I touched the machine.) Most likely, the connection was lost earlier, it just wasn't aware of it.

I'm 99.99% sure it isn't a hardware or network issue. This is running on a monitored, dedicated hosted server almost right next door to TDAmeritrade's API servers (5ms ping).

I've never seen this before... I'm just curious if anyone else had. And more importantly, how I can force NT "detect" a connection loss...? I'm thinking about setting up a QA-type macros that will launch a new random chart at market open every morning, and forcibly refresh the connection.

Hello Heech,

Thank you for your post.

Can you make sure you are on the latest version of NinjaTrader, 6.5.1000.7. You can check under Help --> License Key.

If so, please send in your trace and log files by going to Help --> Mail to support. Put attn: Ray Stein in the subject and reference this post. I will have development look into this issue.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
      Hello Heech,

Thank you for your post.

Can you make sure you are on the latest version of NinjaTrader, 6.5.1000.7. You can check under Help --> License Key.

If so, please send in your trace and log files by going to Help --> Mail to support. Put attn: Ray Stein in the subject and reference this post. I will have development look into this issue.
      Hi Ray,

I actually already submitted once this morning, when the event happened. I don't mind resubmitting, I just don't want to flood your ticket database unless you say it's okay.

My license starts with 8554-1F28.... if that helps you track down the ticket from this morning. I am executing on 6.5.1000.7.

Comment

Thank you for letting me know.

I will let the support representative you are working with continue assisting you. They will take the same steps and send in your files to development. So you do not need to send in a new ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
          Thank you for letting me know.

I will let the support representative you are working with continue assisting you. They will take the same steps and send in your files to development. So you do not need to send in a new ticket.
          Well, the response I got back from the representative was pretty dismissive. I don't think he really understood the problem. The exact quote was:

"I do not see anything in your log file that indicates there was any reason for NT to not be "aware" of a disconnection."

I don't know how to parse that sentence. That's why I'm posting here to see if others have had similar problems.

The rep also suggested connection problems, but as I said, I'm 99.99% sure that isn't the issue. I'd appreciate having someone on the development team eyeball the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by heech View Post
            Well, the response I got back from the representative was pretty dismissive. I don't think he really understood the problem. The exact quote was:

"I do not see anything in your log file that indicates there was any reason for NT to not be "aware" of a disconnection."

I don't know how to parse that sentence. That's why I'm posting here to see if others have had similar problems.

The rep also suggested connection problems, but as I said, I'm 99.99% sure that isn't the issue. I'd appreciate having someone on the development team eyeball the issue.
            Of course, please send me the files using the instructions in post #2 and we can take another look.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post JoMoon2024  
            Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes