Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

data connection problem

Good morning
    I connected the ninjatrader 7 demo with InteractiveBrokers on a second fixed PC and I don't see any charts.
    Whereas on a 64-bit notebook the same procedure worked properly and smoothly.
    Apparently the Ninjatrader demo does not ask me any login data (username and password) on both 2 PCs.
    I explain the procedure
    1) First of all I connect to InteractiveBrokers and the program automatically opens the dax chart
    2) then I open the Ninjatrader demo, I open the connection with IB and it's all OK: I see the graph of the dax
    3) the connection with IB is all OK even when I connect on the second fixed PC, but I do not see the chart of the dax
    if you need more accurate information I'm here
    Thank you Click image for larger version

Name:	settaggio1.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	1106057

FDAX 09-19 is expired by about a year. We'll need to get you viewing the current front month (FDAX 09-20) to see data.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.?)
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      FDAX 09-19 is expired by about a year. We'll need to get you viewing the current front month (FDAX 09-20) to see data.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
      • What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.?)
      • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
      Good morning
      excuse the delay of the response
      here is the information you requested.
      The problem is the same as before: I correctly see the graph of the dax on the notebook but I do not see the graph of the dax on the second fixed PC (all white).
      if I'm not clumsy the settings are the same for both 2 PCs Click image for larger version

Name:	VERSIONE NINJA TRADER.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1106305

Comment

What version of TWS/Gateway are you using?

In your first post's screenshot, you're viewing FDAX 09-19 which is expired. In this next set of screenshots, it seems as if you're now requesting FDAX 09-20 data. If I am understanding your posts correctly, you're experiencing the symptoms in your first post on one PC, and the symptoms in post #3 on a different/second PC?

Here are instrument reset and rollover instructions that I recommend you follow on both PCs -

To reset your instruments please follow the steps below:
        • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
        • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
        • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.
        Please follow the instructions below to roll over the expiration date of a futures contract.
        • From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
        • Highlight the contract you wish to rollover on the left side of the Instrument Manager window
        • Press the '>' button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
        • Press the '<' button and the instrument should re-appear with the front-month expiration date
        • Select 'OK'
        • Select the updated contract in the Instrument drop-down menu within your currently opened windows (Charts, SuperDOMs, etc).
        I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over rolling over a futures contract.To view contract rollover, expiry dates, and other trading events click the link below.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	dax 09-2020.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	1106330

Comment

It's still unclear which of your PCs you're referring to and if the screenshot you've just provided is letting me know that everything is working or everything is not working.

Did you follow the steps I provided in post #4 on the PC where FDAX data is not appearing as expected?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
              It's still unclear which of your PCs you're referring to and if the screenshot you've just provided is letting me know that everything is working or everything is not working.

Did you follow the steps I provided in post #4 on the PC where FDAX data is not appearing as expected?
              OK you were right: I'm clumsy like a monkey

I reset the tools and restarted the program and now it's all OK --
              if tomorrow I still happen this problem I do the same reset procedure
              thank you for your patience

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes