Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
    beauw,

Please use the techniques from my latest post. That code snippet works fine for limiting trades on the first bar of a session and the first tick of that bar. There are no "sessions" when you are using daily bars.
    Then, exactly what I told you happened, occured. Thus the code does not work.

The new code doesn't make any sense either. I've attempted to decipher the time functions, and I don't know how to set one. I also don't know how to use the date or time functions, and apparently esignal crash NT now, so I don't even have data to work with, and you're only solution is re-install everything, which I'm not going to do.

Come up with something else.

Be specific about how to set the date and time functions.

I want to mark today's date, and I want to check if today is greater than that date. The code you provided I don't understand.

Comment

A better question, Josh is, can I use getcurrentAsk() functions if the bar is only updating on the close? Will this still work without the rest of the program running? It's been my experience in the past that that doesn't work.

Comment

beauw,

The code examples and techniques I've posted should work in theory. It is up to you to tweak it to work in your environment. As a matter of bandwidth, we cannot custom program everything for you. We can give you ideas and tips, but you have to run with it on your own. We can help you along the way, but you need to help us too. When you come back saying it doesn't work there is nothing more I can do for you. On the other hand, if you posted your code we could then help you systematically examine it for potential pitfalls.

CalculateOnBarClose has no bearing on GetCurrentAsk() working or not. GetCurrentAsk() is a real-time property. If you try to access it at the end of the bar, it WILL return you what the present ask is at that exact moment in time. If you access it every single tick it will give it to you at that tick.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_JoshP; 10-08-2008, 04:17 PM.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
        4 responses