Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Importing a protected compiled assemblies prevents me from exportin mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing a protected compiled assemblies prevents me from exportin mine

I imported a protected compiled indicator (call it Indicator X) and then when I go to export mine, it tries to make Indicator X a requirement to distribute mine which causes problems. Am I doing something wrong? It's been a while since I tried this but I'd like to try it again.

Hello cunparis,

Thank you for your post.

This occurs when custom assemblies are loaded in your installation and you are developing your own indicators and strategies to be exported in a protected assembly. While your indicators and strategies do not call this assembly it still requires the assembly on the users PC.

To resolve this matter you must develop your indicators and strategies in a clean development environment. This means no custom assemblies in your installation.

You can create to directories for NinjaTrader; one for development and one for your trading. To do this shut down NinjaTrader > then rename the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7 folder as NinjaTrader 7.OLD > then uninstall NinjaTrader (you will not lose your settings or files) by going to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > NinjaTrader 7 > Uninstall.

Once complete you will re-install NinjaTrader from the following link, this will create a new directory in the (My) Documents folder for NinjaTrader 7. Now you will have NinjaTrader 7.OLD and NinjaTrader 7, rename NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 7.DEV after shutting down NinjaTrader and then rename NinjaTrader 7.OLD to NinjaTrader 7 to switch between your development and trade installations.

Download NinjaTrader: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello cunparis,

Thank you for your post.

This occurs when custom assemblies are loaded in your installation and you are developing your own indicators and strategies to be exported in a protected assembly. While your indicators and strategies do not call this assembly it still requires the assembly on the users PC.
      Thanks for confirming this issue. I used a VM to package my indicators which is pretty similar to the solution you proposed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
      6 responses
      1 like
      Last Post jgualdronc  
      Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Touch-Ups