Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

onExecution email indicator problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

onExecution email indicator problems

Hi there,
    I installed the EmailTrades indicator from the download forums here, made some modifications (just around the data included in the email), but I am having an issue getting lots of e-mails sent on single transactions. All the logic happens within OnExecution and the conditionals I have set up are pasted below.

The problem being, when I get filled on an order it sends me 5 to 10 e-mails instantly instead of just 1. The message is identical in each. I would understand if this were the case for partial order fills but I should be restricting it to only filled orders. Any idea why I will get up to 10 e-mails on a single transaction?? What else could I use to make sure it only sends 1 per transaction?

thanks!!

private void OnExecution(object sender, ExecutionUpdateEventArgs e)
    {
    if (e.Execution.Order != null)
    {
    if (e.Execution.Order.OrderState == OrderState.Filled)
    {

//generate email etc etc
    }
    }
    }

Originally posted by slocumtrader View Post
    Hi there,
    I installed the EmailTrades indicator from the download forums here, made some modifications (just around the data included in the email), but I am having an issue getting lots of e-mails sent on single transactions. All the logic happens within OnExecution and the conditionals I have set up are pasted below.

The problem being, when I get filled on an order it sends me 5 to 10 e-mails instantly instead of just 1. The message is identical in each. I would understand if this were the case for partial order fills but I should be restricting it to only filled orders. Any idea why I will get up to 10 e-mails on a single transaction?? What else could I use to make sure it only sends 1 per transaction?

thanks!!

private void OnExecution(object sender, ExecutionUpdateEventArgs e)
    {
    if (e.Execution.Order != null)
    {
    if (e.Execution.Order.OrderState == OrderState.Filled)
    {

//generate email etc etc
    }
    }
    }
    Without knowing what you are trading or how many of what you are trading - if I was to assume 1 of something, I wouldn't think this was possible.

so - Please post your execution's fills. Does it match your email count?

Comment

slocumtrader, as sledge also hinted at with his question - what executions are you actually seeing in NT? Is it only one?
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,
        see attached. I just took a trade this morning on Apple, 50 shares. bought and sold and i received 3 e-mails instantly for each the buy and sell of this trade (6 emails total).

Sometimes this goes to as high as 8 or so in one instant (which subsequently lags my NT and almost brings it to a crash).

any help would be appreciated.
        Attached Files

Comment

slocumtrader, so you would actually get duplicate execution id's reported by the indicator's emails sent to you? If you could email us via Help > Mail to Support we could doublecheck the executions you actually received in NT from TWS. The script from the sharing itself is provided 'as is' though and had never really left the beta, it was posted as coutersy, private work by a coworker.

Comment

thanks bertrand email sent.

Comment

actually , can the standard email to support via ninjatrader be configured to use something other than microsoft exchange? alternatively how am i able to download the log file so i can send to you via my gmail account? thanks!

Comment

It would use the default of your operating system, for most this would be Outlook or Live mail, though you can custom configure under Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs > Set Program Access and computer default > custom.

The trace and log files themselves are stored under Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > log / trace subfolders so you can of course attach the ones from today (each day gets it's own file) manually from your gmail to us at support at ninjatrader dot com as well for review.

Thanks,

Comment

For future reference, the indicator was applied to multiple charts reporting then the executions in an excessive manner. Internally it would pickup all executions from the selected account, so one indicator instance is sufficient for proper operation.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Anfedport  
                  Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes