Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Range Bar Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range Bar Indicator

I need help with a new Indicator. The indicator needs to show where the current range bar in the chart would terminate dynamically while the bar is in progress. The indicator can be in the form of a box or two lines at the top and bottom (for going long or short respectively). If there is an existing indicator please point me to the correct link.

If this does not exist and if it is something someone would be kind enough to develop and share with me and others, that would be highly appreciated as well.

Range Bar Indicator

Just to provide some additional information, here are the rules for the indicator:

In an 8 range chart, as soon as a new candle is formed, a line would appear 8 tick above the candle and 8 ticks below the candle. The moment the new candle moves up by one tick, its downward range reduces by one tick and therefore the line below moves up by 1 tick. When candle moves 1 tick below from open, it upper range reduces by one and consequently the upper line moves down by 1 tick.

As the new candle is completed, the two lines move closer and closer until there is only 8 ticks between the two lines. As soon as a new candle is formed, the lines disappear and now start tracking the new candle.

Originally posted by sandeshrai View Post
    I need help with a new Indicator. The indicator needs to show where the current range bar in the chart would terminate dynamically while the bar is in progress. The indicator can be in the form of a box or two lines at the top and bottom (for going long or short respectively). If there is an existing indicator please point me to the correct link.

If this does not exist and if it is something someone would be kind enough to develop and share with me and others, that would be highly appreciated as well.

Comment

Hello,

I believe this will do what you're looking for:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Perfect, thanks

That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
        Hello,

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=4&linkid=328

Comment

Please advise the process for updating NT7 indicators to NT8. This one is sorely needed. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by steveg View Post
            Please advise the process for updating NT7 indicators to NT8. This one is sorely needed. Thanks
            Good question, but I assume it is all done by hand. Meaning, someone experienced with NT7 NinjaScript and the new NT8 changes must make the necessary edits.

There is a lot of reading available, start with the 'NinjaScript' section here:

Also, this thread describes an automated way to convert to NT8:

Comment

Hello steveg,

For NinjaTrader 8 inquires, I would recommend posting these in the NinjaTrader 8 section of the forums as a new thread (or in a thread that is related to the topic of your inquiry).

http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...splay.php?f=59

When converting a script from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8, I recommend you start the shell of the indicator using the indicator / strategy wizard. The Initialize() / OnStartUp / OnTermination methods have become OnStateChange with different States.

The script will need all other code breaking changes made to NinjaScript for NT8 to be implemented in your script as well.
              http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_changes.htm
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                Hello,

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=4&linkid=328
                Hello, What is the name of this indicator. I'm looking for an indicator for range bars to place a line at the price of where the new bar will open. Thank you for your time.

Comment

Hello laoshr ,

Thanks for your post.

In the NT user apps, it is listed as "Range Marker Indicator."

It will install as jtRangeMarker.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                  14 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator  
                  Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                  6 responses