Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Help Importing Indicator - Lost Default Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Importing Indicator - Lost Default Indicator

I imported a NJ Script. It was a .zip file that contained two .cs files.

1) First to understand the import feasure does it open and compile all the .cs files in the zip file? And onced compile where is the compiled code stored?

2) One of the .cs file was names @SMA.cs. Does the @sign in front mean anything?

When I imported it asked if I wanted to replace the original file. I said yes and then I got an error. It appear the new @SMA did not work. It looked like it delected the original default SMA that came with NJ when it loaded the new one.

3 I tried to find the original default NJ SMA file, but could not locate it. Where does one find it?

4) And in the future if I am overwriting an existing indicator, is there a way to save the existing indictor before overwriting it? Also is there a way to compile the new indicator before the old one gets overwritten? I was thinking I would have to extract the .zip file and bring the .cs code into the editor and compile it there.

I should add if I try to import NJ I can not becaue I now get an error saying I have custom NJ script files on your PC that have programming errors.

When I go into the editor and compile I get errors in other indicators where they call the SMA function. So I think I need to find the original SMA function and compile that. Not sure though.
    Last edited by rwbil; 12-14-2012, 04:23 PM.

Hello rwbil,

1. Yes, it will also compile all of your NinjaScript when it compiles as well. The NinjaScript files are moved in accordance to the ".zip" file meaning that if inside the file it has a folder named "Indicators" a copy of the file will be placed in (My) Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> bin -> Custom and inside the Indicators folder.

2. The "@" symbol refers to a NinjaScript file that comes preloading after installing NinjaTrader.

3. It will be located in the (My) Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> bin -> Custom -> Indicators folder. It will be named "@SMA.cs".

4. There is not a way when using the Import NinjaScript method to save the old indicator beside telling it not to overwrite the file.

There is not a way to just compile a new indicator without compiling all NinjaScript files.

Best method that you may try is keeping the old ".zip" files so you can restore the old files if you wish.

Could you attach a screenshot of the error that you are receiving to this thread?

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Attached is the error msg I get if I try to load another NJ script. There is no @SMA in my Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> bin -> Custom -> Indicators folder. There are other @ indicators there but not the @SMA.

Was the original one in that folder? Nothing there now.

You mentioned keeping the old zip files. But how do I keep the Original NJ default indictors is I am overriding them. Do I just save the .cs file from that document --> Indicator folder.

So how do I get back the original @SMA Indicator. And just for I am clear all the original indicators have @ in front of them? If I overwrite them do I need to keep that @ for any reason?
      Attached Files

Comment

I should add if I try to manual compile any indicator, all the indicators get compiled as you stated and I get the following errors which all point to the SMA function being called.

How do I get that original @SMA function from NJ back?

One more thing I should ad the NJ Script I tried to import was exported form NJ6.5. Will NJ 7.0 not import a NJ 6.5 file??
        Attached Files
        Last edited by rwbil; 12-14-2012, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Hello rwbil,

Thanks for the screenshots.

It looks like you may be missing or have an incorrect version of the SMA indicator that comes preloaded inside of NinjaTrader.

You may follow the steps listed below to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader to restore the preloaded indicator(s):

* Close all running applications.

* Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.

* From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.

* Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).

* Reboot your machine.

* Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
          Download

Let us know if the issue persists.
          JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes