Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Consistent Bar Labelling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consistent Bar Labelling

I am looking for suggestions for how to have text, arrows, etc, that are plotted either under or over price bars to be a consistent distance above or below the respective bars.

I have been using High+ticksize*(some number) or Low-ticksize*(some number), but I find the distances are much different if I am looking at a security priced at $100 vs a $5 stock even if the tick size for both is .01. Should I just be using pixels instead?

Also, I can't seem to find a definition for aito-scale, what does autoscale for DrawText mean?

Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by Grasul View Post
    I am looking for suggestions for how to have text, arrows, etc, that are plotted either under or over price bars to be a consistent distance above or below the respective bars.

I have been using High+ticksize*(some number) or Low-ticksize*(some number), but I find the distances are much different if I am looking at a security priced at $100 vs a $5 stock even if the tick size for both is .01. Should I just be using pixels instead?

Also, I can't seem to find a definition for aito-scale, what does autoscale for DrawText mean?

Thanks for the help.
    Currently only DrawText() has a pixel offset as part of its signature. I have asked for the same to be extended to all draw objects, and the request has a tracking number, but when it will happen is anybody's guess.

ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...drawtext+pixel

Actually, I was wrong; the suggestion does not have a tracking number. That is probably because the request may have predated the tracking system that they are using.
    Last edited by koganam; 10-26-2011, 07:40 PM. Reason: Corrected statement about tracking number

Comment

Hello Grasul,

As Koganam mentioned, there is no support for drawing a pixel offset for these objects.

However, I will contact development to see if we can locate a tracking ID for this request.

AutoScale for draw text would have the same effect of auto scale on any of the draw objects. When this is set to true, it will ensure the chart will always consider this object when setting the scale of your chart. Ie., it will always be visible.
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
        Hello Grasul,

As Koganam mentioned, there is no support for drawing a pixel offset for these objects.

However, I will contact development to see if we can locate a tracking ID for this request.

AutoScale for draw text would have the same effect of auto scale on any of the draw objects. When this is set to true, it will ensure the chart will always consider this object when setting the scale of your chart. Ie., it will always be visible.
        Here's a suggestion. Instead of drawing arrows or triangles or dots, draw the text symbols of arrows, triangles, dots, etc. I use the default MicroSoft Winding fonts to draw these symbols using DrawText(). In the following example, "\u008B" is the hex code for one of the "Winding 3" font, Up Arrow. This should allow you to use a pixel offset.

System.Drawing.Font symbolFont= new Font("Wingdings 3", 48,System.Drawing.FontStyle.Bold);
        DrawText("Buy"+CurrentBar, false, "\u008B", 0, Low[0], -50, Color.Blue, symbolFont, StringAlignment.Center,Color.Empty, Color.Empty, 0);
        Last edited by monpere; 10-27-2011, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Adding a pixel offset as part of the signature for all draw objects is tracked using ID #209

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
            Adding a pixel offset as part of the signature for all draw objects is tracked using ID #209
            How would I use this information?

Comment

Hello,

You can ask for an update on these feature requests by email suppor[at]ninjatrader[dot]com or by checking the release notes with each release and checking for updates on these items.

There are no updates for this particular items at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by monpere View Post
                Here's a suggestion. Instead of drawing arrows or triangles or dots, draw the text symbols of arrows, triangles, dots, etc. I use the default MicroSoft Winding fonts to draw these symbols using DrawText(). In the following example, "\u008B" is the hex code for one of the "Winding 3" font, Up Arrow. This should allow you to use a pixel offset.

System.Drawing.Font symbolFont= new Font("Wingdings 3", 48,System.Drawing.FontStyle.Bold);
                DrawText("Buy"+CurrentBar, false, "\u008B", 0, Low[0], -50, Color.Blue, symbolFont, StringAlignment.Center,Color.Empty, Color.Empty, 0);
                Monpere, do you have a reference for associating the Wingdings 3 character to a hex code? I found http://www.alanwood.net/demos/wingdings.html for some but not Wingdings 3.

Also, where would I put the statement above in my indicator? I'm pretty new to C#, does that statement go in variables and then anytime I want to use it, I'm using a font named symbolFont in your example?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

I found another thread that had some good information on this topic:

Support for the development of custom automated trading strategies using NinjaScript.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                  14 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator  
                  Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post emuns