Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

BUG: NAME Property behaviour changed in v7.0.1, no way to strip plot indicator names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bertrand,

The strangest part, and to me the least expected part, was that blanking out the indicator text on the chart panel also cleared the text in the Data Box. The code is obviously handling a user-set empty Visual | Label string as a special case:
    • ToString() is ignored for its three usual places (Chart, Data Box, and list of added indicators).

• In the list of added indicators, they put the indicator class name, rather than either blank or the ToString() value

I would think they should also do something for the Data Box -- perhaps the same string they use for the list of added indicators. If a user wants to blank out the text on the chart, they may want to blank it out for all indicators they have added. That would result in no label for any of the indicators in the Data Box. That seems sub-optimal.

And, of course, David (the original poster) would like it if he could default the Visual | Label to an empty string (while still having his indicator show up in the list of indicators available to be added).

--EV

Comment

EV, I'll have development check into - thanks for sharing your thoughts.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

... I could not reproduce any crashes on my end here with the overridden empty chart label, if there's a case scenario from anybody participating in this thread, please let me know.
        It seems that some déjà vu must have scrambled my head. ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...79&postcount=5

That report is from way back and must have been fixed in a later build. That will teach me to test everything immediately before I open my fat mouth. Sorry for the misleading statement.

Comment

No worries koganam, this was from B5 yes - glad to hear it's fixed then.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
          4 responses
          1 like
          Last Post jgualdronc  
          Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes