Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Simple Indicator that alerts with every new bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aithin View Post
    I just forwarded port 587, with no luck. I'm not really sure where to even look next?

What are some of the things that could possibly be blocking me?

Thanks
    Is your Windows FireWall enabled? I have seen more than one occasion on my machines where it has reenabled itself after I explicitly stopped it and disabled the service. The net result is that you have a badly implemented firewall enabled without knowing that you are firewalled.

Comment

Thanks Kog, I just doubled checked and my firewall is off.

I just downloaded NinjaTrader 7 and tried again with it. Only now I am getting the error ...

Failed to Send Mail: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Comment

At this stage, I would update the Root Certificates. Use Windows Updates if you are not comfortable doing it manually.

Comment

It worked once ... Though now I just get the error: Failure sending mail. Failed to send Mail.

I just updated the certificates, and still get the same error.

Comment

Can you otherwise send email from a proper pop3 client (not webmail)? If so, maybe your ISP is blocking the ability to relay email from your machine? If you have a dial-up backup connection through another provider, you may want to see if you can send email through that connection, as a test.

Comment

I just set up outlook express to work with my yahoo mail account, and it works perfectly. So it doesnt seem to be an issue with my network or ISP. At least it would seem that way to me

Thanks

Comment

Ok I'm back ... with a little good news. I got my test emails sending every time without fail. I had to use yahoo mails smtp as they do not require SSL. I then had to add my gmail account to my yahoo mail account in order for the alert emails to be sent to my gmail address. (through yahoo's smtp)

Now however I am back trying to get the indicator to send the email ... it doesnt seem to be sending it at all right now. I have my print() command inside the IF statement which also houses the sendmail command. When checking my output window I see that the indicator is entering the if statement ... I just never get any emails. (even in my spam folder) Below is the sendmail code I am using ...

if (FirstTickOfBar)
                {
                Print("Code has entered if statement of EURUSD");
                SendMail("[email protected]", "[email protected]", "EURUSD - New Bar Alert", "New bar just opened");
                }

Lastly, I am using NinjaTrader 6.5 (not sure if it makes a difference with the sendmail command)

Thanks

Comment

Did you replace the [email protected] with a valid one?
                  BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yeah, i have my email address in there. i'm getting it to send every once and a while , but nothing consistent.

Comment

Aithin,

If it sends every once in a while then it is working correctly. Likely what the issue is is perhaps the SMTP server you are using does not allow you to send off that many emails that quickly.
                      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When I say that it works every once and a while I should have been more specific. One time I start ninjatrader I get email alerts every time. However the next time I start up ninjatrader I get zero email alerts. This morning I was receiving emails as I should ... however as of this writing I am no longer getting any alerts, and I have not changed any settings.

Comment

Aithin,

Is your code still running on real-time data? Emails will only be sent on real-time events. You say you are not receiving any emails now. Does sending a test email work right now? Do you know if your ISP provides a SMTP server? Perhaps you could try that one instead of Google's? I know some ISPs don't like emails routed through other SMTP servers.
                          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The code is running on real time data, and i've gotten it to work with yahoo's SMTP, as well as the default (blank) ninjatrader settings. I've tested using the" test email" when I have stopped getting email alerts, and the test email never stops working.

I'm not sure what my ISP's SMTP settings are... i'll give them a try as soon as I get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Aithin View Post
                              The code is running on real time data, and i've gotten it to work with yahoo's SMTP, as well as the default (blank) ninjatrader settings. I've tested using the" test email" when I have stopped getting email alerts, and the test email never stops working.

I'm not sure what my ISP's SMTP settings are... i'll give them a try as soon as I get them.
                              Sounds good, please give them a try and let us know how it works out for you.
                              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well, I entered in my ISPs info last night and am still not getting email alerts. Is there anyone out there kind enough to code this for me? It really shouldn't be taking me this long, and frankly I'm soured by all of it

All I'm after is an indicator that will send me an email at the beginning of every new range bar. (seems very simple) If you can help I would REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Bidder
                                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                                4 responses