Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Slope CCI Max error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Josh

I get confused.

Since I put on Initialize()
    Add(PeriodType.Range, 16);//This is 16 ticks Range Bars chart as secondary Time frame on Primery Chart (8 ticks)

BarsInProgress==1 (Is this the secondary Time frame bar on Primery Chart (8 ticks)?)

So everything that I want from CurrentBar of secondary time frame bar must start on primery at this bar (BarsInProgress==1) Does Ninja Trade knows where it is on Primery Chart?

Is BarsInProgress==0 the 1st bar on primery chart?

I don't know to express the DrawLine StartBar. I tried to do
    barsAgoOpen = MRO(delegate{return Close [0] ==Opens[1][0];},1,CurrentBar);

Doesn't work. I tried 0 (zero) and BarsInProgress==1 doesn't work as well

if (BarsInProgress == 1)
    DrawLine("OpenRange16", false, 0, Opens[1][0], 0,
    Opens[1][0], Color.Cyan, DashStyle.Dash, 1);
    }

Can you please help me on this, I already read
    http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/HelpGuideV6/helpguide.html?MultiTimeFrameInstruments

Thanks

Comment

Rita,

Sorry I am not sure what exactly you are asking. Every time your code enters OnBarUpdate() it is within the context of either BarsInProgress == 0 or BarsInProgress == 1. It will run through the code in OnBarUpdate() as either of them depending on which one has the event first (in most cases, BIP=0 will have the event first).

When you want to run logic with a mix of Opens[1][0] and compare it against Close[0] this means you need to actually filter your entire OnBarUpdate() to be within BIP0 because when you are in BIP0, Close[0] would be for BIP0. If you were in BIP1, Close[0] would be equivalent to Closes[1][0] and then the comparison becomes invalid.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Josh

I don't need to compare them, I thought it was the way to find Bar Ago the Open bar from secondary chart start for primary chart knows where starts DrawLine, it was for Bar Start. If I put 0 (zero) it is CurrentBar on primary chart but not Open price on CurrentBar on Secondary Chart and I need this is a unique line during all CurrentBar from secondary chart on primary chart.

What I need to know is what I put on DrawLine's Bar Start argument to get the CurrentBar and Open value of the secondary chart. It doesn't work with BarsInProgress==1 that was what I wanted to say DrawLine start since Open[1][0] is known.

Thanks

Comment

Rita, could you please share a code snippet of what you're currently trying to draw with the line? The added chart / timeframe would just be internally for calculations, so the visualization would still take place on the primary series where you start the indicator from.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

I used the script SampleMultiColoredPlot to do other for CCIMA MultiColoredPlot. I changed on the script SMA(period) by CCIMA(smaperiod,period) it works good unless if I put Calculate on bar close=false the actual bar doesn't felow the CCIMA, only actual bar the rest is ok.

Could you please tell me how do I fix it?

Thanks

Comment

Rita, could you please post a screenshot of the outcome you see? I'm not aware of CalculateOnBarClose = false issues for the sample code you cited.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks Bertrand

On last bar yellow line is normal CCIMA (we have CCIMA MultiColoredPlot over it in Blue and Orange) ; Blue line on last bar doesn't match CCIMA, it only match on bar close and next bar it happens the something.
                Attached Files

Comment

Please post the exact scripts in use. Thank you.
                  Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Josh

Here you have the scripts CCIMA and CCIMAMultipleColoredPlot
                    Attached Files

Comment

Rita, thanks for those - are working in our 6.5 release or 7 beta?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks Bertrand

I'm working on 6.5

Comment

Thanks Rita - I could reproduce this issue on 6.5 with your code, however it all worked as expected on our NT7 Beta 20, therefore I would suggest you start working in this environment if you need this working on CalculateOnBarClose = false.

Comment

Thanks Bertrand

A time ago, I experimented a lot of problems importing my scripts to NT7 that I decided forget NT7, even script imported from the forum that says optimized to NT7 like for example CCI Forecast gave me errors on import. That put me too nervous.

By the way I adapted the script SampleMultiColoredPlot to others indicators all of them work good on Calculateonbarclose=false except CCIMA. (on NT6.5)

Comment

I can understand Rita, here's what I would like you to try : in the CCIMA you call in your script, please do not set CalculateOnBarClose in the called script, please remove it completely and then retry.

Comment

Thanks Bertrand

I think you didn't understand one thing the script that has problem is CCI MA MultiColoredPlot the CCIMA itself is ok the problem is the script to do CCMA with diferente colors for rise and fall. I already did a lot of indicator with dif colors for rise and fall witout any problem except with CCIMA I don't understand why this happen on CCI must have an explanation. It stay last bar the value is zero as you can see on screenshot until the bar close on bar close it assume the real value but new bar has the same problem again and so on

Any way I did what you asked and didn't fix it

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post DJ888
                                by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
                                7 responses