Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Pivot Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Harry..

Just curious how the one you've linked below is different than the one that you've attached several posts below...

Also, on this one you've just linked, is there a way to have the labels turned on so I can see which line is which?

Todd

Comment

The linked one is the version posted under NinjaScript Filesharing. The labels are turned on, but you can switch them off. The values are the same. The version below just uses a different plot method.

Originally posted by toddaclark View Post
      Thanks, Harry..

Just curious how the one you've linked below is different than the one that you've attached several posts below...

Also, on this one you've just linked, is there a way to have the labels turned on so I can see which line is which?

Todd

Comment

Harry,

Please check out my attached screenshot links belowfor ES 03-10 (taken a few minutes ago).

Since I want to show the cash session pivots for this chart:
        - I set the chart properties start time to 4:30PM EST (local time)
        - I set the chart properties end time to 4:00PM EST (local time)

- I set the indicator globex index start time to 15:30 (central time military)
        - I set the indicator globex index stop time to 15:00 (central time military)

When I do that, I'm getting the message saying "session end chosen for pivot indicator converted to local time should be equal to session end under chart properties"

I think those time match.
        Am I doing something wrong?
        Maybe I'm just tired since it's really early here.

As always, thanks for your help.

Todd

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

No problem here

Hi Todd, nothing wrong. The message is just an instruction to avoid users getting false pivots. This makes sure that the close of the last bar within the session is the session close.

You just can switch the messages off by settings "ShowInstructions" to "false".

Harry,

When I do that, I'm getting the message saying "session end chosen for pivot indicator converted to local time should be equal to session end under chart properties"

I think those time match.

Comment

Hello Harry,,
            Just got started on NT 7 (32-bit) and imported SessionPivots for NT 7(annaPivotsdailyV13).
            I have also have pivots included with NT.

PP , S1, S2, R1 R2 from both are the same, however R4/S4 are very close to S3/R3 from NT pivots and S3/R3 from SessionPivots are in the middle of S1/S3.

Using CalcfromInterday, with session length set to 6:45 on a 5 min ES chart.

Thanks,
            Kumar

Comment

There are two different formulae for S3,S4 and R3,R4. You can select between "Floor" and "Wide".

Further information is here:

Originally posted by kumar View Post
              Hello Harry,,
              Just got started on NT 7 (32-bit) and imported SessionPivots for NT 7(annaPivotsdailyV13).
              I have also have pivots included with NT.

PP , S1, S2, R1 R2 from both are the same, however R4/S4 are very close to S3/R3 from NT pivots and S3/R3 from SessionPivots are in the middle of S1/S3.

Using CalcfromInterday, with session length set to 6:45 on a 5 min ES chart.

Thanks,
              Kumar

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                There are two different formulae for S3,S4 and R3,R4. You can select between "Floor" and "Wide".

Further information is here:

http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...+trader+pivots
                As eDanny called you, Pivot Master!

Thanks a lot Harry, now I can sleep better!

Cheers,
                Kumar

Comment

getting pivots to exclude sunday price data

Hi Harry,

I hope all is well with you.

I noticed that the CMI pivots 8.2 that I'm using on my ES chart are taking into account Sunday night's data with regard to previous day's close, pivots, etc.

Is there a way to get the indicator to ignore data from Sunday?

Todd

Comment

Todd,

If you use a chart session template that does not have Sunday, it will be excluded from calculations. If you want to chart Sunday just not use it for the pivots then this would have to be done via the indicator code.
                    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Todd,

in DailyBars mode indicator displays whatever follows from your daily data. If the indicator is in CalcFromIntradayData mode with default settings, Sunday night would be considered as part of the Globex session of Monday. In a similar way Tuesday's session starts on Monday evening, right after the close at 3:30 PM Central Time.

If you do not want to calculate pivots from Globex session but from day session only, this is possible but you need to change the settings.

I do not know your time zone, please take into account that US switched to dayilight saving time on Sunday, the indicator should have adapted to this automatically.

If you have further questions, send me a private mail with all the details.

Hi Harry,
                      I noticed that the CMI pivots 8.2 that I'm using on my ES chart are taking into account Sunday night's data with regard to previous day's close, pivots, etc.
                      Todd

Comment

Hi Harry,

I am looking for a pivotsimple type indicator that will plot weekly pivots historically, so that I can see the stepping of the price without having to scroll through chart. Do you know of one or could you modify the pivotsimple to add weekly? I am looking at the code but it is too complicated for me. Thanks.

Comment

This is based on version 84 of CMIPivots. Just made a few simple changes . No labels. You have to choose the colors and remember them. Will only run on NT 6.5, not on NT 7.0

Originally posted by vegasfoster View Post
                          Hi Harry,

I am looking for a pivotsimple type indicator that will plot weekly pivots historically, so that I can see the stepping of the price without having to scroll through chart. Do you know of one or could you modify the pivotsimple to add weekly? I am looking at the code but it is too complicated for me. Thanks.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wow that was fast! I hate the labels, so that works perfectly. Don't want to be a programming mooch, but can't help it sometimes. I originally attempted to change the CMI pivots without any luck. Will look at what you did to learn something. Thank you.

Comment

The changes were simple -> deleted plot override, which I had more or less copied from the original NinjaTrader pivots indicator (thanks Josh!), then introduced one variable showPlots, to avoid diagonal connection lines between the pivot levels, changed some colours. You could have done that!

Originally posted by vegasfoster View Post
                              Wow that was fast! I hate the labels, so that works perfectly. Don't want to be a programming mooch, but can't help it sometimes. I originally attempted to change the CMI pivots without any luck. Will look at what you did to learn something. Thank you.

Comment

Harry,

I may load Ninja 7 this weekend. Can you explain again the steps you take in Ninja7 to use minute data for the pivots on a range bar or renko bar chart?

Would it be easy/possible for Ninja to create this kind of functionality in Ninja 6.5?

Right now I'm having to manually enter the previous day's high low close on all of my renko and range bar charts every morning. That is 10 charts...it's a pain!!

Thanks,
                                Todd

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rene69851  
                                Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
                                0 responses