Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

volume colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

volume colour

hey guys,

Can anyone tell me how I can make it so each volume line that is less than the previous 2 a different colour?

So eg. normal volume colour is green, when the volume is less than the previous 2 volume bars/lines, its shaded pink?

Can this be done?

Cheers

Jumper, welcome to our forums! This can be done via custom coding in NinjaScript, for an overview, please check out those helpful tutorials to get you started the right way - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview18.html

After this you might want to check into what is already available in our sharing section and then work your needed modifications in - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...=volume&desc=1
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great thread!

Hello Jumper. That is a great thread that you have just started. This is exactly what i also want to get. I really need to have the volume based color indicator been changed to add a 3rd color to represent when the currrent volume bar is less higher than the previous 2 volumes bars which will give signal for no supply and no demand.

I have played around with the ninjascript of the Volume Based Color indicator and i have manage to create a pink line for the 3rd volume color but i cant find the way to implement the formula to show what i need to see.

So, if someone could modify the volume based color indicator and add that 3rd color option for when we have current volume bar less higher than the 2 previous volume bars, that would absolutely great.

Also, Mister Bertrand, what is the value used in the ninja script when i want to use a format that will tell that the current bar is less than the 2 previous bars?

I know that for current bar that is less than bar before is this:

0 < 1 but cant figure out what is for current bar less than previous 2 bars

Thanks a lot in advance

Shreem

Comment

www.integrity-traders.com

Look for the IT_VolBB indicator.
        eDanny
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

I'd also be interested in such a simple feature. Nothing more than marking every volume bar lower than 2 previous ones different color. That thread seems to be very old, has anything changed?
          The URL in previous post does not work

Comment

Hello johanrr,

This thread will originally posted for NinjaTrader 6.5. The help guide for NinjaTrader 6.5 is no longer available.

I am including a link to the NinjaTrader 7 help guide and a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started below.

The user sharing section of the forums has been moved to the User App Share on the NinjaTrader Ecosystem.
            The link from Bertrand was a search for the word volume.

It would be possible to create something like this for NinjaTrader 7.

For example:
            Code:
            if (CurrentBar > 2 && Volume[0] < Volume[1] && Volume[0] < Volume[2])
            {
            BarColor = Color.Yellow;
            }
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder