Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Column indicator for Market Analyzer showing patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Column indicator for Market Analyzer showing patterns

I was looking into creating indicator column for Market Analyzer but what the column would show is it would show me which pattern is forming (in the grid).
    Here are questions I have:
    1. Is there any chance to display text in the column which would say, eg. 3BarRevLong or 3BarRevShort?
    2. If answer to question 1 is NO, I could live with indicator showing just number, eg.
    "0" (for no pattern), "1" (for 3BarRevLong), "-1" (for 3BarRevShort), "2" (for DojiLong), "-2" (for DojiShort).
    I was able to create chart indicator that shows bars with values 1, 0, -1 when the pattern is forming but I couldn't get the numbers to display in Market Analyzer column (it shows "0" from top to bottom of the list). Is there anything I should know about creating column indicators, do you have any reference samples which would help me accomplish my goal?

Many thanks

gregid, thanks for the post.

1. This will be supported with NinjaTrader 7 - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html

New Cell Condition
    You can now change the text of a cell to user defined text based on a condition. In the image below, the "Oversold" text (in red) is displayed as the CCI indicator reaches a value of -150 or less.

2. If this is a Plot() in the indicator it should also work in the Market Analyzer, as it would not reflect historical patters - did you let it run a while in realtime to check for those to be found?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I know the answer now

Thanks Bertrand,
      I've just made some tests on Market Replay data and it works.

The problem was with the fact that I used Yahoo EOD feed and as I already unloaded my frustrations here:

the feed is incorrect 77% (or 52% depending on how you calculate it) of time as it duplicates last bar (if you are not using the feed Mon to Fri 16:30 to 23.59).

No wonder my indicator couldn't spot current 3 bar reversal if last bar was the same as the bar before.

Comment

Workaround needed

Can I check from indicator and strategy what type of connection I use at the time of running strategy/indicator?
        What I would like to do is I would like to include additional condition in my indicator to do the following:

If connection = Yahoo And (((Date = Mon to Fri) And (Time = 0:00 to 16:30)) OR (Date = Sat to Sun))
        Then
        Ignore LastBar

Any advice on how I could accomplish this in NT?

Thanks

Comment

gregid, unfortunately this is not directly supported, but you could create a user input that you set for example to 1 when you're using the Yahoo connection.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
          14 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes