Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DrawFibonacciExtensions error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrawFibonacciExtensions error

I've used the built-in

DrawFibonacciExtensions

command in an indicator.

Code:
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]DrawFibonacciExtensions([/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"tag1"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]false[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2], GetBar(endDateTime), HighestHigh[[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]], GetBar(endDateTime), LowestLow[[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]], GetBar(endDateTime), LowestLow[[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]]);[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT]
    However, it's plotting as if it's a retracement. (The plots that are drawn are only 0% to 100%) Do I need to set anchor points differently?

Other than customizing my own levels for plotting lines, is there a manner to select custom levels using this built-in function?

thanks,

kz

Not sure what you mean. It works just like the drawing tool on the chart. You have 3 anchor points and by default you get a 0-100% fib lines.

Unfortunately you cannot programmatically customize these levels.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh,

Please see attached screenshot which shows Retracements produced by the DrawFibonacciExtensions even though it appears to match what would be produced using DrawFibonacciRetracements.

I've begun to add my own plots for extension levels that should be shown.

Kirk
      Attached Files

Comment

If you open a chart and use the drawing tool the end of Fib Ext looks like that and that is what you are seeing on your screenshot. Not exactly sure what you are trying to go after.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm trying to get values other than 0-100

I'm led to believe that Fib Retracements occur 0 to 100( .236, .382, .5, .618, etc.)

and Fib Extensions occur 100 and beyond (i.e. 1.5, 1.618, 2, 2.618, etc.)

this built-in command for FibExtensions doesn't work since the results are identical to FibRetracements
          Last edited by zeller4; 06-24-2009, 05:29 PM.

Comment

zeller, for a quick view I would doublecheck the entered anchor points, you do for example High > Low > Low, where I think it has to be High > Low > High in your first DrawExtenstion call.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Bertrand,

That works now. It doesn't appear to be using any custom levels I used in settng my drawing tool. So it appears to be pulling levels from some defaults in the built-in.

What code would allow me to change certain default levels that I'd like the built-in function to show or not show. In other words, is there a manner to turn on or off certain levels?

Thanks,

Kirk

Comment

Kirk, great this works now - unfortunately you would need use the default set levels, or just use your custom code if you need this set differently.
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post emuns
                by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                6 responses