Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Commitment of Traders (COT) indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrbolsa View Post
    Could you check if you have ZR, ZO or/and ZC (daily data and how many years)?
    Sorry for the late reply, I hadn't run Ninjatrader over the holiday weekend.

ZO & ZC daily from 4/1996
    ZR from 8/2006. it has data from 1998 but there are no bars, just a line so I think the data there is not valid until 8/2006.

Comment

Thank you so much!

jr.

Comment

Has anyone coded and have a functional indicator COT for NinjaTrader? Please help

Comment

Cot

Is this the same same COT as that displayed within Gomi's GomVolumeLadder? If not, what is the difference?

Comment

need cot

Originally posted by jrbolsa View Post
            Thank you so much!

jr.

Please i will like to have this tested COT indicators that you have been discussing. the links given, i cant find the indicators there. please can i have it, and can it work with any MT4? please give me details

Comment

here is my version,

Start trading with Exness, a leading platform offering low spreads, advanced tools & a wide range of assets. Open your account today!

payment is one time only. All data is taken directly from cftc.gov
              NT7R3 compatible (also NT7R2 version available)

regards
              andreas

Comment

Originally posted by zweistein View Post
                here is my version,

Start trading with Exness, a leading platform offering low spreads, advanced tools & a wide range of assets. Open your account today!

payment is one time only. All data is taken directly from cftc.gov
                NT7R3 compatible (also NT7R2 version available)

regards
                andreas
                thanks for the quick response,
                i trade forex. does this indicatot work perfectly with FX? if it does please explain....

Regards

Comment

the indicator works with NinjaTrader 7.

You can use any kind of data including forex data as long as the data can be shown in a Chart by NinjaTrader. The COTReport indicator is actually independent of the charted data as it communicates directly with the cftc.gov. In my example it displays cot data for eurofx from cftc.
                  On zweisteintrading.eu, there I chart the Eur-usd future, but you coudl use also EURUSD fx data.

regards

andreas

Comment

Appreciative,
                    Again, what do you personally trade with this indicator? How best does it work? Does it give alert/signal as to when to buy/sell?

....sorry for all these provocative questions... am new to NT and this COT indicator

regard

Comment

A possibility to use it in a new indicator ?

the indicator works with NinjaTrader 7.

You can use any kind of data including forex data as long as the data can be shown in a Chart by NinjaTrader. The COTReport indicator is actually independent of the charted data as it communicates directly with the cftc.gov. In my example it displays cot data for eurofx from cftc.
                      On zweisteintrading.eu, there I chart the Eur-usd future, but you coudl use also EURUSD fx data.

regards

andreas
                      Hi Andreas,
                      I have seen your indicator on your website and the options to plot.

Could your COTReport indicator display the open interest number in each trader category for long/short/spreading incl. the total open interest as individual dataseries ?
                      Could the dataseries be used in another indicator ? I.e. new indicator using dataseries from COTReport indicator.

((COTReport(EuroFx,Long,Futures,All).DealerInterme diary[0] - COTReport(EuroFx,Short,Futures,All).DealerIntermed iary[0]) / COTReport(EuroFx,Total,Futures,All).TotalOpenInter est[0] ) -
                      ((COTReport(EuroFx,Long,Futures,All).DealerInterme diary[5] - COTReport(EuroFx,Short,Futures,All).DealerIntermed iary[5]) / COTReport(EuroFx,Total,Futures,All).TotalOpenInter est[5]

((COTReport(EuroFx,Long,Futures,All).LeveragedFund s[0] - COTReport(EuroFx,Spreading,Futures,All).LeveragedF unds[0]) / COTReport(EuroFx,Total,Futures,All).TotalOpenInter est[0] ) -
                      ((COTReport(EuroFx,Long,Futures,All).LeveragedFund s[15] - COTReport(EuroFx,Spreading,Futures,All).LeveragedF unds[15]) / COTReport(EuroFx,Total,Futures,All).TotalOpenInter est[15] )

Thank you for your answer.
                      monnn

Comment

Yes , you can display OI for all categories.
                        You can also use COTReport from another indicator and in backtesting.
                        Here an example:
                        OnBarUpdate(){
                        COTReport cotreport =COTReport(Input);
                        cotreport.Contract=contract;
                        cotreport.Display=display;
                        cotreport.Report=report;
                        cotreport.OpenInterestDisplay=COTReportHelper.Open InterestDisplayType.Contracts;
                        cotreport.OpenInterest=COTReportHelper.OpenInteres tType.Long;
                        cotreport.Update();

int h=HighestBar(cotreport.Commercial,BarsBackfromWeek sBack(weeks));
                        }

The version you can buy on the web uses the Legacy format, hence, Commercial/NonCommercial/NonReportable

As an addon (another 50Eur) I offer also the new disaggregated format (Dealer/Leveraged/Managed Money/OtherReportable)

Regards
                        Andreas

Comment

Yes , you can display OI for all categories.
                          You can also use COTReport from another indicator and in backtesting.
                          Here an example:
                          OnBarUpdate(){
                          COTReport cotreport =COTReport(Input);
                          cotreport.Contract=contract;
                          cotreport.Display=display;
                          cotreport.Report=report;
                          cotreport.OpenInterestDisplay=COTReportHelper.Open InterestDisplayType.Contracts;
                          cotreport.OpenInterest=COTReportHelper.OpenInteres tType.Long;
                          cotreport.Update();

int h=HighestBar(cotreport.Commercial,BarsBackfromWeek sBack(weeks));
                          }

The version you can buy on the web uses the Legacy format, hence, Commercial/NonCommercial/NonReportable

As an addon (another 50Eur) I offer also the new disaggregated format (Dealer/Leveraged/Managed Money/OtherReportable)

Regards
                          Andreas
                          Thank you for the answer, Andreas.
                          1.Are both versions available for all markets and instruments ? Simply for all COT Reports ?
                          2.Both Futures COT Report and Futures-and-Options-Combined COT Report ?
                          3.Number of traders in each category ?
                          4.CIT Report (Supplemental Commodity Index) ?
                          5.How far back (years) does your indicator go ? Could you specify as much as possible ?
                          Thank you for your answers and explanation.
                          monnn

Comment

All yes, except for CIT Index which is not there.
                            Number of Traders also yes.
                            Data goes back as far as cftc.gov has it, dipending on the instrument sometimes back to 2009 sometimes back to 1990.
                            Andreas

Comment

Hi guys,
                              As anyone figured out how to bring this great COT Indicator from track'n trade to NinjaTrader 7

Thanks,

Nico.
                              Last edited by nicosxm; 01-22-2012, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                                Hi Elliott Wave,

Thanks for posting your ideas and your skeleton COT indicator.

I will forward it promptly to our development team!

Have a great day!
                                Hi Bertrand,

It has been almost 3.5 years (many versions ago) since you "promptly" forwarded a request for a COT indicator to your development team, did they loose it? Just to let you know, the competition is way ahead in this area. Hopefully, NT8 will address a lot of the requests in charting and technical areas and not just revised to add more admin and functionality improvements.

Good luck!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rene69851  
                                Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes