Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Volume Spread Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Spread Analysis

I would like to begin analyzing the statistics of price at volume for each 5 minute bar to obtain, for example, average price, standard deviation of price, mode, median, skewness, and kurtosis of price based on volume.

For starters, it's not clear to me which one of the approaches below should be pursued to perform calculations on price at volume within each bar:

1. Use a primary data series like 5 minutes, and a secondary series like tick and perform calculations within "if (BarsInProgress==1)"
    2. Use a primary data series based on tick, and secondary data series based on 5 minutes, and perform calculations within "if (BarsInProgress==0)"
    3. Or, can all the calculations be done with just a 5 minute primary data series, and use “On each tick” and then do calculations inside OBU?

What is the best choice regarding On Each Tick, On Price Change, On Bar Close in terms of computational load, so that you wouldn't swamp your CPUs or data throttling? I am thinking you would have to use On Each Tick in order to get at the price a volume for each trade (tick). In the end, you would just need enough ticks for the statistics to be sufficient (perhaps more than n=100).
    Last edited by pel11; 01-23-2022, 01:22 PM.

Hi pel11, Thanks for posting.

I answered an email of the same question, so you can continue a message thread from the email for my responses. I will leave this open to the community.

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
    6 responses
    1 like
    Last Post jgualdronc  
    Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM