Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Region drawing borders but no fill color.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Region drawing borders but no fill color.

Scenario: I am drawing 2 regions using DRAWREGION but there i no fill color. The borders show but the fill is blank.

Here is the code I am using to draw the regions. I am using the left Axis. I do have a custom zorder to show price bars above if drawn in price panel.

DrawRegion( "Shorts_Region", CurrentBars[0], 0 , Values[6], Values[7], Color.Pink, Color.Pink, 7);
    DrawRegion( "Longs_Region", CurrentBars[0], 0 , Values[4], Values[5], Color.PaleGreen, Color.PaleGreen, 7);

Not sue where that pink background if coming from in the screenshot. Will look at that later.

Cheers Click image for larger version  Name:	MNQ 06-21 (5 Tick)  4_29_2021.jpg Views:	3 Size:	169.9 KB ID:	1153891

Last edited by ct; 04-29-2021, 01:48 AM.

Can you change the color to brushes ?

DrawRegion( "Shorts_Region", CurrentBars[0], 0 , Values[6], Values[7], Brushes.Pink, Brushes.Pink, 7);
    DrawRegion( "Longs_Region", CurrentBars[0], 0 , Values[4], Values[5], Brushes.PaleGreen, Brushes.PaleGreen, 7);

Comment

The compiler is not happy so to respond to your question, looks like a "No". It says " cannot convert system.drawing.brush to system.drawing.color" and some other related error messages.

Cheers

Comment

Hello ct,

Thanks for your post.

I have moved this thread to the NinjaTrader 7 forum as it looks like the code is for NinjaTrader 7 and not for NinjaTrader 8.

It looks like the regions are being drawn appropriately, just in the wrong panel. Do you by chance have DrawOnPricePanel set to true?

We look forward to hearing from you.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jim

Sorry for posting to the wrong forum. Yes I do have DrawOnPricePanel set to true. I removed it, recompiled it and pressed f5 to reload the chart. Got the same result, no fill on the region but do get the outline. I removed the indicator from the chart and added it back. Same result, no color fill.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
          Last edited by ct; 04-29-2021, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Hello ct,

The default value for DrawOnPricePanel is true, so if you removed the line of code, it will still be true.

Can you set this value to false, recompile, and then remove/re-add the script?

If that doesn't resolve can you move the code to a new script so the issue is isolated, and then attach that script here for our review?

Exporting as source code - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nt7/export.htm
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jim

That change did it, Yeah! It looks fine now.

You are a star.

Many thanks.

Cheers

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Bidder
              by Bidder