Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Automatic Fibonacci levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filoo7 View Post

I have tried as you say but it still remains in Prior Day.
    I can't spend it in Prior Week
    I am sorry maybe I do it badly, I don't know how to code ...
    Paul proposed to use the PriorDayOHLC indicator.
    So I tried to modify the code of your message 3 by replacing line 29 so that it is based on the PriorWeekOHLC rather than the PriorDayOHLC but it does not work​
    I am not sure now what is that you are trying to do after seeing your attached txt file. If you are looking for PriorWeekOHLC and PriorMonthOHLC, these indicators are already in Dowaloads section that you can just download.

But if you are trying to create an indicator for PriorWeekFibs and PriorMonthFibs levels then use the example in post #3 and change it for weekly or monthly Fibs and save them with a different name.

Here is an example for WeeklyFibs. You need to create and save a custom Fibonacci Retacement template as explained in previous posts for fibs to show.

Let me know if this worked for you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by aligator; 08-23-2023, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post

I am not sure now what is that you are trying to do after seeing your attached txt file. If you are looking for PriorWeekOHLC and PriorMonthOHLC, these indicators are already in Dowaloads section that you can just download.

But if you are trying to create an indicator for PriorWeekFibs and PriorMonthFibs levels then use the example in post #3 and change it for weekly or monthly Fibs and save them with a different name.

Here is an example for WeeklyFibs. You need to create and save a custom Fibonacci Retacement template as explained in previous posts for fibs to show.

Let me know if this worked for you.
      It works very well, thank you for taking some time to help me.
      I will now try to put it in months.
      Could you tell me which line to modify in the code?
      If I modify line 29 by replacing priorweekOHLC by priormonthOHLC it would work do you think?​

Comment

It works very well, thank you for taking some time to help me.
        I will now try to put it in months.
        Could you tell me which line to modify in the code?
        If I modify line 29 by replacing priorweekOHLC by priormonthOHLC it would work do you think?​
        without wanting to abuse you, to think that it would be possible to start the fibo week at the beginning of the week rather than at the beginning of the day, because when you change the timeframe even after having recorded a model week, it always comes back to the original code​

Comment

filoo7

No, I don't feel abused, but this exercise does not produce anything that is really useful to me or 99% of traders. A Fib dropped on PriorMonthOHLC will not change untill a new mount is started. So, why would anyone look at a monthly fib every day for a mount? I am not sure if monthly fibs are relevant in today's dynamic markets, other than perhaps for long term investments.

However, since we are on the subject, it is better not to leave it half done.

To answer your questions:
          1. To get the PriorMonthFib, simply open the PriorWeekFib indicator and change "WeeK" to "Month" where you find them all (7), then Compile and you have it. But don't worry, I already did it for you and is attached. You need to load at least over 60 days of data for this indicator to work.

2. Programing the code to start on the first day of the week instead of the current day of the week involes a bit more coding. Perhaps NinjaTrader_PaulH would chim in to show how to start fibs on the first day of the current week or Month.

Cheers!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by aligator; 08-26-2023, 10:13 AM.

Comment

filoo7

No, I don't feel abused, but this exercise does not produce anything that is really useful to me or 99% of traders. A Fib dropped on PriorMonthOHLC will not change untill a new mount is started. So, why would anyone look at a monthly fib every day for a mount? I am not sure if monthly fibs are relevant in today's dynamic markets, other than perhaps for long term investments.

However, since we are on the subject, it is better not to leave it half done.

To answer your questions:
            1. To get the PriorMonthFib, simply open the PriorWeekFib indicator and change "WeeK" to "Month" where you find them all (7), then Compile and you have it. But don't worry, I already did it for you and is attached. You need to load at least over 60 days of data for this indicator to work.

2. Programing the code to start on the first day of the week instead of the current day of the week involes a bit more coding. Perhaps NinjaTrader_PaulH would chim in to show how to start fibs on the first day of the current week or Month.

Cheers!
            Thank you very much for your answer.

The interest for me is to be able to directly change assets on the same window with a predefined fibo model.

If you don't see the interest of a monthly fibo, I invite you to watch on ES the 127.2 of July made on August 18, in intraday there is something to eat

Anyway, thank you again for your response.​

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer.

The interest for me is to be able to directly change assets on the same window with a predefined fibo model.

If you don't see the interest of a monthly fibo, I invite you to watch on ES the 127.2 of July made on August 18, in intraday there is something to eat

Anyway, thank you again for your response.​
              You are welcome. Absolutely, monthly and weekly fibs are very useful in asset allocation.

I actually made several tastey trades and captured the entire downtrnd starting near end of july based on divergences confirmed by daily and weely fib levels. 127.2 is a favorite of mine. In fact, majority of my entries, targets, and stops are based on fib and price memory levels including a hadsome trade on Aug 17th that closed all the way up for more nice gains on a a 5 wave and fib levels. I invite you to see my recent live trades reported in my thread here:

Divergence RGD Following up shows the reversal may have more juice in it to go further, now pausing at 200 fib level. Looking at the ABC move, the C leg so far has made a move twice the size of the A leg with a lower effort index level inside the 1st predicted green target zone. Considering that today's Housing Starts and Permits report did not meet the expectation, one should think this market correction should have more room to go, perhaps to at least the second green target zone. Cheers! SPY …

Comment

You are welcome. Absolutely, monthly and weekly fibs are very useful in asset allocation.

I actually made several tastey trades and captured the entire downtrnd starting near end of july based on divergences confirmed by daily and weely fib levels. 127.2 is a favorite of mine. In fact, majority of my entries, targets, and stops are based on fib and price memory levels including a hadsome trade on Aug 17th that closed all the way up for more nice gains on a a 5 wave and fib levels. I invite you to see my recent live trades reported in my thread here:

https://nexusfi.com/elite-circle/204...tml#post888893
                It looks interesting, but not being subscribed, I can't see what the Gradient Color Bar indicator looks like ... Do you have a screenshot?​

Comment

aligator,
                  Great work! I've been trying to create a strategy with a user-drawn fib but am just starting out coding and not there yet... could I use use this indicator to get the fibs drawn in a strategy and then adjust anchor points (IsUserDrawn) to highs/lows of my choosing, applying conditions to various fib levels as entries and targets? It's the making Fibonacci Retracements Drawing Tool/Indicator user-editable and having those new values stored and applied that's having me hit a wall...any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by swjake View Post
                    aligator,
                    Great work! I've been trying to create a strategy with a user-drawn fib but am just starting out coding and not there yet... could I use use this indicator to get the fibs drawn in a strategy and then adjust anchor points (IsUserDrawn) to highs/lows of my choosing, applying conditions to various fib levels as entries and targets? It's the making Fibonacci Retracements Drawing Tool/Indicator user-editable and having those new values stored and applied that's having me hit a wall...any ideas?
                    The answer is probably a NO. Strategies require certain dynamic conditions created and reached by an indicator to make trade decisions. This indicator would require substantial work to do what you need done.

Also, NT drawing tools can be modified and compiled under a different name, but that involves some custom work since the NT's under-the-hood information is not public.

Cheers!
                    Last edited by aligator; 11-06-2023, 08:28 PM.

Comment

The answer is probably a NO. Strategies require certain dynamic conditions created and reached by an indicator to make trade decisions. This indicator would require substantial work to do what you need done.

Also, NT drawing tools can be modified and compiled under a different name, but that involves some custom work since the NT's under-the-hood information is not public.

Cheers!
                      Hi aligator, apologies for bringing up an old thread. I am looking for exactly the indicator that you have kindly provided in this thread named PriorDayFibs. However, would it be possible to have these levels for every single session and not just the current session? Meaning to say, I would like to plot the fibonacci levels for every single session, extended lines for the whole session, based on their respective previous session's High and Low. I would also like the fibonacci levels to be extended from just 0 - 100 % to -100% to 200%. Appreciate your assistance very much. Thank you.
                      Last edited by sprez74tura; 02-06-2024, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sprez74tura View Post

Hi aligator, apologies for bringing up an old thread. I am looking for exactly the indicator that you have kindly provided in this thread named PriorDayFibs. However, would it be possible to have these levels for every single session and not just the current session? Meaning to say, I would like to plot the fibonacci levels for every single session, extended lines for the whole session, based on their respective previous session's High and Low. I would also like the fibonacci levels to be extended from just 0 - 100 % to -100% to 200%. Appreciate your assistance very much. Thank you.
                        As I understand, once you choose a session for your chart(i.e. 1st session, 2nd session, etc.) the Prior Day Fib indicator will use the begining and the end of the of that session to draw the fib lines. You can extend your fib lines from the default Fib parameters list. NT Support will be a better source to help with specific requests.

Cheers!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Bidder
                        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                        4 responses