Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

creating a c# add-on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creating a c# add-on

Where can I find information on how to create and integrate a csharp strategy or indicator module into Ninja?

I am an experience programmer that has some java-based strategies and would like to consider ways to integrate such as through socket I/O (request/response) to supply tick data and get trade triggers from my existing code that I would run in a separate process, or through using csharp to java bridge technique.

I can create a strategy script but i see i cannot directly edit the CSharp code. I see mention of importing external zipped assemblies and so assume this would be the way to integrate and use System.Net assembly.

Is there some documentation and examples on how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

NinjaTrader does use C# as its programming language, and you are free to create C# code and execute it using NinjaTrader.

The strategy wizard specifically starts in a wizard mode, you may be more comfortable clicking the "Unlock code" button which will bring you to the NInjaScript editor.

Indicators by default just go directly to the editor.

There are many samples and a full help reference guide for NinjaScript, the most simple examples are included in the platform, you can view the existing strategies and indicators that come with NinjaTrader by using the "Edit NinjaScript" option.

You can also locate a lot of information on the forum for other concepts in the following locations:

If you are already familiar with C#, likely you could get used to NinjaScript very easily and would just need to understand the basic concepts of controlling the platforms actions using NinjaScript. Although this video focuses on the wizard, it is helpful in learning exactly the concept of controlling the platform using a strategy.
    Understand the fundamentals of basic strategy creation by developing an actual strategy using the NinjaTrader Strategy Wizard.3:23 Strategy Wizard Overview7:...

Additionally we have a more advanced video covering the editor here:
    Dive into manipulating C# code from within an unlocked NinjaScript strategy using the NinjaScript Editor.NinjaTrader 7 is an award winning end to end online ...

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DynamicTest  
    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes