Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Audio Alert cutting short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Alert cutting short

Hi,

I am using a few audio alerts. My issue is that a "spoken" audio alert im using is cutting off short, if I use a simple tone like a "beep" or whatever, then it doesn´t cut short.

For example.. I have a spoken audio file which says "crude"... often when this alert is triggered all you hear is a very small portion of the audio file which can sound just like a "ku", you hear it only a split second.

I´ve checked the file sizes and they are comparable, in fact the spoken audio file is smaller than simple message beeps. For instance, the "Crude" audio which cuts short is only 25kb, where as a default Ninja audio alert like "Alert1" is 146kb. I always get my audio alert files below 30kb in any case.

I´ve attached 2 audio alerts here, "crude" and "beeplow". I also have another spoken one which says "S&P", that one cuts off too
    EDIT: I uploaded the two audio files as a zip, inside a folder, as I got an "invalid file" when uploading the wav.

So why is the spoken crude one cutting off?
    Attached Files

Hello ScottieDog,

I am able to play the sound files that you have attached without an issue or without them cutting off.

Can you try just using 1 Alert that uses the "crude" sound file that you have attached and see if it is able to play properly?

My guess is that either another sound or alert is being played which maybe interrupting it since it is a longer sound length.

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
      Hello ScottieDog,

I am able to play the sound files that you have attached without an issue or without them cutting off.

Can you try just using 1 Alert that uses the "crude" sound file that you have attached and see if it is able to play properly?

My guess is that either another sound or alert is being played which maybe interrupting it since it is a longer sound length.

I am only using the one sound alert at one time, which is the crude wav. If I use the beeplow wav then it plays fine, it´s when the crude wav is used that it cuts off. If I use an S&P spoken alert that often cuts off short too...

Strange. I thought it must be something to do with it being a spoken alert, and the way I made it, but if its playing fine for you it must be my platform.

Comment

Hello ScottieDog,

How are you playing the Alert with the sound file inside of NinjaTrader? Did you program a indicator or strategy to play this when a condition is met?

Comment

Via indicator.

Using following structure....

Code:
          Alert ("Alert", NinjaTrader.Cbi.Priority.High, "Alert", "crude.wav", 10, Color.Green, Color.Yellow);

Comment

Hello ScottieDog,

To troubleshoot the situation, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace(s).

Note this will not remove any settings or data.

* Shut down NinjaTrader
            * Navigate to the folder (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
            * Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
            * Right click on "Untitled1.xml"
            * Select Rename
            * Rename it to "Untitiled1 Old.xml"
            * After deleting and renaming the files above, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
            * Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart and test your Indicator Alert sound.

Let me know the results

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rene69851  
            Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
            0 responses