Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

BarsSinceEntry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BarsSinceEntry

Hello, i would like to ask if it is possible to use the BarsSinceEntry, and use the bars of a smaller period. example. i entered in the 5 minute chart, but i want to wait for the calculations until the 2 minute bars is closed.
    so.
    Last edited by Qualitiedx; 09-22-2011, 04:16 AM.

Qualitiedx, this would not be possible if it's the same instrument you use here, as the index returned would be tied to the primary series available for the instrument you run on. In your case this could be solved with a custom count for the second series.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, thanks for the advice!
      I have also noticed that the real entry point in my strategy is way much higher than the actual priceaction ( candlestick).
      i have 0 slippage. please have a look at the picture i attatched.
      Thanks in advance!

Comment

What order type are you using here? If those are realtime / sim executions then this could be expected as you're trading with the realtime spread here figured in - which is not the case per default in backtesting.

Comment

i use entryshort and entrylong !but is this reasonable for the bid and the ask to have so huge a difference at the EUR/USD?just look at the last trade!

ps.i know i should use limitorder i am now in development of it

thank you!

Comment

Qualitiedx, it seems steep I agree, if you compare to your Control Center Level 1 data window for the EURUSD - what a spread do you see there? What broker / dataprovider are you working with then?

Thanks,

Comment

i use interactive brokers and i see half a pip!(offcourse with ib)
              Lets assume that this may be a bug of information, charting or whatever.
              if you go live, such execution would never be executed so high!maybe it would be 'shown' that much high, but the actual price would be where you really expected it?

Comment

Qualitiedx, I would try synching your PC clock and then rechecking as for IB your data stamping and execution timestamping would be affected here, so it could be also just a visual mismatch you see. If you send a market order it would be executed at whatever price you get via your broker, a limit order would offer more control here.

Comment

Hey Bertrand, my clock is synced correctly!i re-synced it just to be sure.

Anyway, i need to show you one more pic and you can tell me if this is a usual thing..
                  again, i have zero commission and slipage!

i have inserted this code inside the strategy
                  "Print("Open PnL: " + Position.GetProfitLoss(Close[0], PerformanceUnit.Currency));"

which is the code for the unrealised PnL if i am correct.
                  but the unrealised PnL as you can see in the code is 75 and the unrealised PnL above, and inside ninja is 55..which is too huge of a difference when you try to scalp!
                  which one is the correct?
                  thank you for your time.

Comment

Qualitiedx, correct that would give you the current open profit calculated with the close price as base - under your Tools > Options in the Control Center : is 'use last price for PnL' checked or not for your setup?

Comment

Yes 'use last price for PnL' is enabled!

Comment

Ok, is the script then ran on CalculateOnBarClose = false so updates would be seen on each tick?

Comment

Yes the strategy is being run on CalculateOnBarClose = false...
                          "Live" as i like to say it

Comment

I checked into on my setup here and was unable to reproduce this big of a difference between the prints and the position tab, please see my screenshot attached, the very minor effect you see is rounding comparing the two. Could you perhaps email me your test strategy to support at ninjatrader dot com - I would be glad to have it a run here?

One more thing: for IB you're running on halfPip as pip setting under Tools > Options > Data, correct?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately i am not allowed to send over this strategy!And if i do, you will be needing the custom indicators which i am also not allowed to share at this time!maybe in the future i will post them in the forum section!

So, the "Use last price for pnl" should be checked or not?maybe it's a timezone issue?
                              i am from greece i don't know if you ever encountered anything like that in the past with anyone frome greece!

btw i just noticed that when this is UNchecked there is a 10$ difference between tha strategys pnl and the pnl of the control center!
                              Last edited by Qualitiedx; 09-23-2011, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder
                              by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes