Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator printing at the user set level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator printing at the user set level

Is it possible or how could be done to have an indicator printing at the certain level of bar completion. For example, MA printed at 75% of the bar completed, or maybe at 957th tick of 1000 ticks bar or at 55th sec of a 1min bar. Current options are Bar: Closed or Real Time only.

Hello peter,

Thank you for your post.

You can achieve this by using CalculateOnBarClose = false and using the following variable:
    Bars.PercentComplete
    This is a double, 0.75 would represent 75% built.
    For more information on Bars.PercentComplete, please see the following helpguide article: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ntcomplete.htm

For tick based bars, you could use Bars.TickCount. This will be the total number of ticks contained in the current bar. For more information on TickCount, please see this help guide article: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...?tickcount.htm

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
    DexterNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for a swift reply. The good news is that it is possible to do. The bad is that I do not work on, understand or have any knowledge of codes etc.. I use NT to trade.While using and plotting indicators I've noticed that CompleteOnBarClose in indicator property box, there are only two options offered (false/true). It would add an extra flexibility if there was something "in between" these two. For exe: CalculateON %, ticks, time completed. What is left for me now is to hope that some day a new NT ugrade will include such option. Again, thank you very kindly for your response.
      Last edited by peter@cleaniq; 04-28-2011, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the kind feedback Peter how to further enhance our NinjaTrader platform, we'll add it to our list and now track your suggestion under # 919 for you.

Thanks again,
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Bertrand; 04-29-2011, 08:33 AM.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post carnitron  
        Started by strategist007, Today, 07:51 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes