Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Setting Parameters to be saved with an indicator - when is too late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting Parameters to be saved with an indicator - when is too late?

All

I want to reset some of the indicator settings in my code.

I can do this - it works well and it saves the settings fine.

Now I'm trying to do this when the indicator/workspace/chart/Ninja is being closed. So - when they close the indicator, I'd like to have an event in which I execute some code.

The OnTermination event does allow me to execute code but it appears this is too late to make changes to the indicator settings - I would guess that's because they've already been saved.

So - is there an even that will trigger when the indicator is being closed but before Ninja has saved away all the settings?

Thanks

Pete

Hello,

Thanks for your forum post.

There is not a method I am aware of that will allow you to do this other then OnTermination().However I will double check on this on Monday with some other members of our NinjaScript support team.

The only thing I can recommend is that you instead, in OnTermination() save this information to a .txt file or some external file such as using excel like in your excellent write up several months ago on using excel, or using a .txt file.

Then in Init() or OnStartUp() for your indicator/strategy then you could always load in the data from this external file.

Comment

Brett

Thanks for that - the problem with that approach is that I might be runing my indicator multiple times and so I'd need to somehow have an index value so that I would know which text file relates to which instance of the indicator.

I believe there's no way to 'id' a particular instance of an indicator.

Anyway - I'd appreciate it if you could talk to dev team. I guess I could do this on every tick but that would mean a performance hit.

If there is a way to put some code into the save process or an event that comes before it, it's be useful for me.

Cheers

Pete

Comment

Hello,

Have discussed this over, Unfortunately there is no supported method to do this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ChartTourist  
        Started by LiamTwine, Today, 08:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post LiamTwine