Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Using liveUntilCancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using liveUntilCancelled

At this point I'm just trying to understand how the some of the limit order-related events are processed.

My understanding is if I use EnterLongLimit( ) and set liveUntilCancelled = false then the limit order will be cancelled at the end of the current bar (i.e., the next time OnBarUpdate() is called. Is this correct?

However, if I set liveUntilCancelled = true then the limit order will stay active until any of the 3 events occur: 1) the order is filled, 2) it expires, or 3), the CancelOrder() method is call. Is this correct?

Please let me know if I'm missing something (anything) that will help w/using liveUntilCancelled.

Thx,
    Lou

Hi Lou,

Yes, that all sounds right. You'll also have to structure order objects as IOrders, in order to use CancelOrder() command. We have a sample on that available that here:
    When using NinjaTrader's Enter() and Exit() methods, the default behavior is to automatically expire them at the end of a bar unless they are resubmitted to keep them alive. Sometimes you may want more flexibility in this behavior and wish to submit orders as live-until-cancelled. When orders are submitted as live-until
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay, thx. Yes, I'm already using IOrders for market orders so that shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Bidder
      by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes