Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Advanced Analytics with Ninjatrader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced Analytics with Ninjatrader?

Ninja coders:
    I would like to do some advanced analytics in support of creating strategies – this involves statistics and visualizations that are not all time series and including other data sources that may have other data fields (such as FRED (http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/) or GroupPower.com). For example: for a gap, I would want to do a contour chart comparing gaps with recovery times and probabilities. For momentum strategies I could analyze various timeframes and combinations of price & volume as well as look at the correlation with other data. Without this kind of data, creating strategies is just a hit or miss guess.

I am looking at environments in which to do this such as Python with SciPy or “R”, but this would involve creating a lot from parts and pieces – I would prefer to extend an existing platform with this capability (or find one, which I have not been able to do). It could also be done with .NET tools integrated with Ninja or some similar tooling. However, there is not very many C# tools for this kind of thing I could find and I’m not sure how well it would interface to Ninja (or something else). I could buy-into MATLAB, but that has high cost in more than just $. I could use EXCEL, but it is VERY limited.

So, down to the questions:
    · Does anyone know of a platform that has this kind of capability already? I am very surprised that it doesn‘t already exist – kind of “quant lite”.
    · If I were to do this based on Ninja, am I able to integrate other data structures and still take advantage on Ninja or am I going to get caught by being trapped as Ninja is not open source? For example, could I read in and work with an arbitrary CSV file?
    · What graphing software does Ninja use and can I use it for other things? Also, can I produce arbitrary forms and tables, perhaps with statistical results?
    · Does anyone know of statistical tools and data visualization for C#, preferably open source?
    · Or, are there capabilities for Python or “R” that I have not found? (I would prefer Python as the learning investment for R would be somewhat specialized and limited)
    · Is anyone else interested in this sort of thing? I am even wondering if I should produce something like this (as I am in the software business, but in other areas).

Also, I am interested in finding good strategies, not spending bunches of time or $ on the tools – so making this simple is important.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
    Last edited by CCVirginia; 01-11-2011, 05:39 AM.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SnailHorn, Today, 10:49 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post SnailHorn  
Started by naanku, Today, 07:25 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post naanku
by naanku