Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DLL calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DLL calls

I have an external data feed that can connect to any trading platform allowing DLL calls. I am not quite sure how that can be done. Is that "get external data feed" able to do the job?
    Regards,

Hello Binwang2,

Yes, you would use external data feed. Please see here for what you can do with this:
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

DLL Connected method returns -1

Hi,
      I've just developed a Java application in order to push Bid and Ask prices into NinjaTrader v6.5. I've used JNI (Java Native Interface) for this. The application seems to run smoothly and the methods "Bid" and "Ask" of the NinjaTrader DLL return 0. That should mean that bid price and ask price have been set properly. However my NinjaTrader (connected to External Data Feed) is not able to show the incoming ticks to any chart. I've edited the Symbol Map (Tools > InstrumentManager), then I'm sure the External Data Feed is properly set. The "Connected" method of the NinjaTrader DLL always returns -1, then the problem should be a wrong connection between the DLL and NinjaTrader application. Any suggestion on how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance. Paolo.

Comment

Hello Paolont,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Have you tried to a call a function to the dll? This should automaticaly initiate the connection to the server.

Also: Make sure you have enabled ATI through the File menu.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 10-14-2010, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Hi RyanM,
          thanks for your prompt reply. I enabled "ATI Interface" in the File menu, and the result is that now also the Connected method returns 0, indicating success. To recap, my Java app calls the following methods of NinjaTrader DLL, in the order specified:
          call to SetUp -> returns 0
          call to Connected -> returns 0
          call to Bid (executed multiple times) -> returns 0
          call to Ask (executed multiple times) -> returns 0
          However the NinjaTrader charts are still unable to show the incoming ticks that my Java app gathers from a third party trading platform. Any other idea to help me moving forward? Thanks a lot, Paolo

Comment

Paolo, are the session times defined allowing for the charting of your data?

Do you see any ticks coming in for your instrument in the Control Center Level 1 data screen?
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,
              thanks for your reply. I do see ticks coming for the instrument I selected in the Control Center Level 1 data screen. I guess this is a good sign :-) However my charts do not update accordingly. I don't know how to define "session times", it is a new concept for me. Kind regards, Paolo

Comment

Paolo,

Please insure that when you right click on the chart and select properties in NinjaTrader 6.5 that the Session Begin and Session End Times are set to 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM. This will tell NinjaTrader to display 24 hours of data thus displaying all data.

Also please insure that you are charting the right instrument. The fact that we are getting ticks in the Time and Sales window indicates that we should get them in the chart as long as the session begin and end timess isnt hiding the data.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Brett,
                  thanks for your reply. Session Begin and Session End times are properly set, but my charts cannot show the live datastream that I'm injecting through my Java app. Please note that at the moment my application is only able to send live data, and not historical data. At this moment I can only see the incoming ticks in the main data screen of NinjaTrader. Kind regards, Paolo

Comment

Please try with a new workspace. Click File > Workspace > New Workspace

Have you tried with different interval settings? Set it to tick or minute to see if there is any change.

Comment

Hi RyanM,
                      unfortunately I tired and implemented your suggestions, but with no result - as far as the charts are concerned. I continue to see live ticks displayed in the main data screen of NinjaTrader 6.5. Kind regards, Paolo

Comment

If you're receiving data then the chart should populate as well. I'm not sure why you're getting these results.

Can you send your program to [email protected] and I can try to setup from here.

Comment

Hi RyanM,
                          I'm sending a copy of my program. It is a simplified version with ticks generated inside the application, not collected form the 3rd party trading platform. The issue is exactly the same with this version. Thanks for your support, Paolo

Comment

Resolution?

Was there ever a resolution to this problem? I am experiencing the same issue. Data in the control center but nothing on the charts. Thanks.

Comment

Unfortunately not. I sent my program twice to the NinjaTrader support (they asked me to do so) but never got a reply.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                              14 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aligator  
                              Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post emuns