Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Vendor Licensing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vendor Licensing question

I am about to launch a new NT indicator product. But first I want to offer some free trials. If I have a line of code in my Initialize tag like this:

VendorLicense("ProTradingTools", "IndicatorLicensedUser", "the web site", "a support email");

... then how does this work? If someone installs this indicator, but I don't have their machine ID registered with this "IndicatorLicensedUser" module, does the licensing automatically default to a 30 day trial? Or do I have to create a "IndicatorFreeTrial" module with a free trial period and manually register every free trial user's machine ID? I guess what I'm looking for is some documentation on how the vendor licensing works.

Thanks!
    Bryan
    cassb
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

From what I can tell, it looks like what I should do is create a different module for each indicator I'm going to sell. Then allow people to download them. When they run the indicators the first time, we won't have their machine ID in the database, so it will issue the initial warning message and automatically set them up with a 30 day free trial that we set up in the vendor licensing. After 30 days, they will no longer be able to run the indicator and will be forced to contact us if they want to buy a permanent license.

Bryan
    cassb
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

Comment

Hello,

I will have someone reply to you on Monday. Thank you for your patience.
      DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey bud, you have it right. Whatever your trial is set to when they initially launch, that is the period it will last. If you wanted a friend to have 60 days you would change the trial period, let him install and run, then change it back for the next users (I think you knew that).
        eDanny
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Need help with this too

I am looking into doing this for my members as well... I have a indicator that I give a $1 trial offer... How would I go about setting this up with this?

http://theoilmoney.com if that helps to understand what i'm doing

thanks!
          Last edited by NiCoNico; 05-03-2015, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

For this I believe they would have just created a trial in the Vendor control panel, and then charged the amount on their own website and provided the trial to the user.

That would be the only way to do this in general as NinjaTrader has no way to charge the user for the trial this would be up to the seller of the item to charge the user. The vendor control panel does give you the ability to create trials though.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
            JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks Jesse... i'll look into that.. Appreciate the timely response!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post tkaboris  
              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
              16 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Leafcutter